Strategy tester

I am not new to forex but I am into Expert advisors and have been testing them for a while now.  I decided to change brokers and the one I picked has everything I am looking for in a broker.  But when I back test my EA on a hourly chart for a weeks time I get the whole weeks worth of data.  But when I use a 1 minute chart it only gives me 8 hours of data.  I tried different weeks in the month and year and it only gives me 8 hours.  On other brokers I gives me the whole weeks worth only this broker does this.  I tried contacting the broke but they said that they don't know why.  They didn't seem to know much about the strategy tester.  I tried downloading more data and in the history  center I have about a month worth of Data on a 1 minute chart.

If anyone can help me here would be much appreciated. Or should I change brokers again.

Ian Macmillan:

I am not new to forex but I am into Expert advisors and have been testing them for a while now.  I decided to change brokers and the one I picked has everything I am looking for in a broker.  But when I back test my EA on a hourly chart for a weeks time I get the whole weeks worth of data.  But when I use a 1 minute chart it only gives me 8 hours of data.  I tried different weeks in the month and year and it only gives me 8 hours.  On other brokers I gives me the whole weeks worth only this broker does this.  I tried contacting the broke but they said that they don't know why.  They didn't seem to know much about the strategy tester.  I tried downloading more data and in the history  center I have about a month worth of Data on a 1 minute chart.

If anyone can help me here would be much appreciated. Or should I change brokers again.

MT4 or MT5?

Ian Macmillan:

You seem to be talking about MT4 and not MT5. For MT4, historical data is usually quite limited and there is no tick data. Some brokers have more and other less.

Because of this, for MT4 testing, many users opt to use 3rd party data and tools. An alternative is to use MT5 data and export it to MT4.

Or better still, is to migrate everything to MT5, which offers much better testing environment with real tick data.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Modelling quality: n/a

Sergey Golubev, 2022.05.19 11:05

n/a is not available or not applicable.

is it MT4?
if yes so did you prepare your Metatrader for backtesting?

read post about how to do it:

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair: post

Reason: