Envelope Scalper EA - 5 min - page 5

cucurucu:
I have modified this EA and run a backtest. I started to test it on demo today with 2500 USD. However, the backtest is impossilble to believe

Here is the backtest for the last 4 months:

I have removed the settings from the file, anything else is real.

Modelling quality of 25% is normal for 1 minute backtest.

I had this MT4 instance running non stop for the last 4 months so the data si from the broker's live feed. Nothing downloaded.

This backtest was dynamic I suppose..? what were your settings for this EA, do you mind sharing..? Would you mind sharing the EA with your settings..? thanks in advance...

Riffster:
This backtest was dynamic I suppose..? what were your settings for this EA, do you mind sharing..? Would you mind sharing the EA with your settings..? thanks in advance...

By dynamic do you mean with MM (using compounding)? Yes it was using MM.

Basically, the EA is pipsweak's EA modified to run on 1M charts and with only minor modifications. I don't know if I can share it ... as long as he is not sharing his 1M version. I'll think about it. Let me test/tweak it for a week or so. I'll keep you posted.

Very good backtest

I have modified this EA and run a backtest. I started to test it on demo today with 2500 USD. However, the backtest is impossilble to believe

Here is the backtest for the last 4 months:

I have removed the settings from the image, anything else is real.

Modelling quality of 25% is normal for 1 minute backtest.

I had this MT4 instance running non stop for the last 4 months so the data is from the broker's live feed. Nothing downloaded.

Files:

I do not see any EA. Could someone post any version?

aelimian:
I do not see any EA. Could someone post any version?

I see that pipsweak has edited his first post and deleted the attachment. Sorry.

Why don't you PM pipsweak and ask him about the EA?

Hello,

Where the EA is?

pipsweak:
I was debating whether or not I should share this. I finally decided that I would because I believe several improvements can be made upon it. This EA has been extremely profitable in backtests going back 7 years. It has ran into some problems in the last month or so and the equity curve has been flat. As you can see, it took a $10k account to $254 mil in 7 years.

I also have another version of this EA that runs on the 1 minute chart that is actually much more profitable than this one. It has ran into some similar problems in the last month though and I am trying to find a broker where I can get better fills.

BTW, I work in a law office. If I find this EA being sold anywhere, I will track you down and take serious legal action. Just don't do it.

cucurucu:
By dynamic do you mean with MM (using compounding)? Yes it was using MM. Basically, the EA is pipsweak's EA modified to run on 1M charts and with only minor modifications. I don't know if I can share it ... as long as he is not sharing his 1M version. I'll think about it. Let me test/tweak it for a week or so. I'll keep you posted.

hi, i am testing ea on tf=5m and i am very interested to forward test it with modification on tf= 1m

if you decide to share it, i highly appreciate it

best regards

giapel

I would like to have pipsweak's permision to share it.

BTW: how is the original M5 version? Can you post a statement?

cucurucu:
I would like to have pipsweak's permision to share it. BTW: how is the original M5 version? Can you post a statement?

I don't see were you'd need permission. It was posted on a public forum. Not in elite section and I a betting nobody signed a form stating they wouldn't share it.

And whats up with posting a backtest of a "modded" version if your not gonna post the ea or at least the ex file. Or have pipsweek add the mod to the original.

It is totally ridiculous to start a thread on an EA and then after many many pages, delete it from the thread.

What is this some kind of joke?

Any way, I was interested in a good scalper. "was"

I am guessing the ea was deleted because it sucked in real account.

Dave

Hi,

The strategy sounds nice, where can I download it??

Kees

Reason: