Envelope Scalper EA - 5 min - page 4

MaRCHeW:
Why no IBFX ?

Regards

Karol Marchewka

They seem to filter their data, so price doesn't touch the high/low of the envelope very often.

pipsweak:
They seem to filter their data, so price doesn't touch the high/low of the envelope very often.

Let me help you answer better. I personally have a few company account with IBFX. The spread for EURUSD is 2pips within the bound of the envelope. When price plunge through envelope, spread will increase from 2 ~4. If market movement is in good momentum and sometimes near by announcement/financial event, the spread will become 6 and above. NFP spread is 20pips. I think that is the reason why your EA consistantly loose out the closure whilst in profit. Because if the market price did not go up by 8pips 1 shot, your EA cannot have a chance to close with +2pips profit. Is that what you mean? I glued infront of my PC for the entire day yesterday and figure out that your EA will have a hard time on this issue. Hope this help.

Regards

David

Hi all,

my first post on this forum.

I've taken a look at the code for this EA, and I think there is a mistake (not sure though, I'm a noob at mql).

These two lines:

for (int li_44 = 0; li_44 < l_ord_total_40; li_44++) {

OrderSelect(0, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

Shouldn't they be:

for (int li_44 = 0; li_44 < l_ord_total_40; li_44++) {

OrderSelect(li_44, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES);

It seems to me that, as it is, the EA doesn't scan all the open orders, it gets just stuck to the first one in the list.

davidke20:
Let me help you answer better. I personally have a few company account with IBFX. The spread for EURUSD is 2pips within the bound of the envelope. When price plunge through envelope, spread will increase from 2 ~4. If market movement is in good momentum and sometimes near by announcement/financial event, the spread will become 6 and above. NFP spread is 20pips. I think that is the reason why your EA consistantly loose out the closure whilst in profit. Because if the market price did not go up by 8pips 1 shot, your EA cannot have a chance to close with +2pips profit. Is that what you mean? I glued infront of my PC for the entire day yesterday and figure out that your EA will have a hard time on this issue. Hope this help.

Regards

David

No, that isn't the case. The reason why is because this EA trades during periods of low volitility when the spread is almost always 2 pips. It trades mostly during Asian session.

Time

Could you explain what the UI choice of Time and also Realistic controls.

Greg

Simple is best but......

I back-tested this and the results are ugly.

OK, so all this talk of corrupt data aside, if your (or any) EA is so glitchy it struggles just because a few ticks are missing here and there it tells me it is either 1) Held so finely in the balance or 2) Curve fit to a set of data you have on hand.

There are a couple other things that are concerning and tell me that data has nothing to do with it.

1) The money management is way off, with stops 3X larger than scalped TP, which means this system would have to be incredibly accurate. This being said as much as I love simple meat and potatoes systems....

2) This channel scalper method is not the highly accurate machine that is enough to save it from the poor MM. Quiet markets not withstanding, this is a rusty bolts channel ricochet that needs a hell of a lot more behind it.

What was it you said in a previous post? "It may suffer a 50% drawdown"? Egads man, that's terrible.

5K for your other scalper? What's in it? 1 stochastic and a moving average? Good luck mate.

I wish you the best with it.

FxN

So far my forward test with this is not doing well at all... I know it's only been a few days, but sheeesh... My drawdown is over 50% and climbing... I have been using just the asian session as explained, but maybe if you posted the exact time frame with settings to use..? That way all of us could forward test with the correct input and setup...

Just a thought, because as is, it doesn't seem to work.... and I have a 2 pip spread on my demo, so I know it's not the spread....

Oh, and how many total lots are supposed to opened at one time..?

Tank you berry muchly,

fxnorth:
I back-tested this and the results are ugly.

OK, so all this talk of corrupt data aside, if your (or any) EA is so glitchy it struggles just because a few ticks are missing here and there it tells me it is either 1) Held so finely in the balance or 2) Curve fit to a set of data you have on hand.

There are a couple other things that are concerning and tell me that data has nothing to do with it.

1) The money management is way off, with stops 3X larger than scalped TP, which means this system would have to be incredibly accurate. This being said as much as I love simple meat and potatoes systems....

2) This channel scalper method is not the highly accurate machine that is enough to save it from the poor MM. Quiet markets not withstanding, this is a rusty bolts channel ricochet that needs a hell of a lot more behind it.

What was it you said in a previous post? "It may suffer a 50% drawdown"?Egads man, that's terrible.

5K for your other scalper? What's in it? 1 stochastic and a moving average? Good luck mate.

I wish you the best with it.

FxN

You can change the money management so that it only suffers a 10% DD. Either way, it should still do fine.

And no, the 1 min system isn't a stochastic and a moving average. There's much more to it than that, and it's much more complex than the 5 min system.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started this thread. Mods, please delete this thread when you get a chance.

pipsweak:
You can change the money management so that it only suffers a 10% DD. Either way, it should still do fine.

And no, the 1 min system isn't a stochastic and a moving average. There's much more to it than that, and it's much more complex than the 5 min system.

Perhaps I shouldn't have started this thread. Mods, please delete this thread when you get a chance.

Dont worry mate. I'm always on the side and giving support. Only stupid idiots give critism when people started to share their work. I appreciate a lot. And you did educate me a lot with just few post. I dont care whether you're newbie or old fart in the forum. As long as you show me the truth, I'll always give support and trust. I will continue forward test your EA. I'll continue testing it and give you feed back about it. Cheers

Regards

David

fw test envelope

hi, pipsweak

i am testing EA with mm=3 and i' ve added filter using indicator VHF (under 0.3),

i want to test with this setting during all days.

could you post me ea that works on 1 min ?

thanks in advance

best regards

giapel

Reason: