Envelope Scalper EA - 5 min

I was debating whether or not I should share this. I finally decided that I would because I believe several improvements can be made upon it. This EA has been extremely profitable in backtests going back 7 years. It has ran into some problems in the last month or so and the equity curve has been flat. As you can see, it took a $10k account to $254 mil in 7 years.

I also have another version of this EA that runs on the 1 minute chart that is actually much more profitable than this one. It has ran into some similar problems in the last month though and I am trying to find a broker where I can get better fills.

BTW, I work in a law office. If I find this EA being sold anywhere, I will track you down and take serious legal action. Just don't do it.

Here's the equity curve for the 1 min version. It took a $10k account to $211 mil in 3 years. This version is much more profitable with a higher win rate and better profit factor. However, I won't be sharing it.

Files:

Your backtest data is corrupt, erase & reload and you will see equity proceed quickly to zero.

pipsweak:
I was debating whether or not I should share this. I finally decided that I would because I believe several improvements can be made upon it. This EA has been extremely profitable in backtests going back 7 years. It has ran into some problems in the last month or so and the equity curve has been flat. As you can see, it took a $10k account to $254 mil in 7 years.

I also have another version of this EA that runs on the 1 minute chart that is actually much more profitable than this one. It has ran into some similar problems in the last month though and I am trying to find a broker where I can get better fills.

BTW, I work in a law office. If I find this EA being sold anywhere, I will track you down and take serious legal action. Just don't do it.

Don't debate, if it does not work in a live account, then trash it.

Craig:
Your backtest data is corrupt, erase & reload and you will see equity proceed quickly to zero.

I just tested it on Alpari data. Results are the same.

pipsweak:
I just tested it on Alpari data. Results are the same.

I guess I must be doing something wrong cause I just can't get it to work with Alpari data either...

Files:

pipsweak:

hi,

this my backtest (modelling quality 89.9%)

do you use default setting ?

giapel

Files:

giapel:
hi,

this my backtest (modelling quality 89.9%)

do you use default setting ?

giapel

Yes, I am using default settings.

Also, the broker's spread will greatly effect the backtest. If you are using a broker with more than 2 pip spread, you won't get good results. This EA was designed to trade during periods of low volitility when the spread will normally be at its lowest.

pipsweak:
Yes, I am using default settings. Also, the broker's spread will greatly effect the backtest. If you are using a broker with more than 2 pip spread, you won't get good results. This EA was designed to trade during periods of low volitility when the spread will normally be at its lowest.

may I have the ea

pipsweak,

Thanks for posting the EA.

I'm getting the same results as you are, using Alpari.

Thing is, you're maxed out at almost 100,000 lots...!

I've noticed that I get much different results using Alpari compared to Crown Forex. CF gives better results, but their spreads are lower.

I'd like to fiddle with this, could you please explain the less obvious expert properties and the basic strategy here?

Thanks.

hi

thx for sharing

would u explain a bit more about Trading Time.

what is broker ?

r u trading live with it(real money)?

thx in advance

Reason: