why others charts differ from my candles?

I'm really confused to why my MT4 daily candles have different Open, High, Low, Close values compared to other websites. And such websites also have different values.

It's probably a timezone issue but such websites don't have any option to change timezone:

https://www.investing.com/currencies/eur-chf-historical-data

Look how yesterday's values are different, I know my broker timezone is GMT+2, so MT4 respect that but it's very confusing so someone knows the answer :(

1. Every broker has their own feeds. Different brokers will never have the same exact chart. There is no central exchange in FX.
  2. Every broker has their own timezone. Daily candles will always be different unless they use the same TZ.
  3. Please use the link button Use the link button (Control+K) See the difference? https://www.investing.com/currencies/eur-chf-historical-data
              Messages Editor

Thanks William. Now I understand.

Never thought about that, if the market goes in up and down spikes and someone is in a certain TZ they can probably see 3 days negative and someone in the other side of the world see 3 positive ones, it's a bit insane

William Roeder:
  1. Every broker has their own feeds. Different brokers will never have the same exact chart. There is no central exchange in FX.
  2. Every broker has their own timezone. Daily candles will always be different unless they use the same TZ.
  3. Please use the link button  (Control+K) See the difference? https://www.investing.com/currencies/eur-chf-historical-data
              Messages Editor

Hmm.. then are we saying that when I do a backtest on MT4 for my EA, different broker data yields different results?
I did not realised there is no central exchange in FX!!

Is this mean we have to stick with a broker or brokers of the same timezone better? Or can the MT4 be configured? 

dancsy76:

Hmm.. then are we saying that when I do a backtest on MT4 for my EA, different broker data yields different results?
I did not realised there is no central exchange in FX!!

Yes, different brokers with different timezones will produce different backtest results if you use the EA trading hours settings.

xiaokesg:

Is this mean we have to stick with a broker or brokers of the same timezone better? Or can the MT4 be configured? 

No, you can always use another broker, but you have to backtest and adjust your EA to fit the new broker and its timezone (and trading conditions in general).

Eleni Anna Branou:

Yes, different brokers with different timezones will produce different backtest results if you use the EA trading hours settings.

Ah.. I see thanks. 
But if I backtest without indicating any criteria in time of entry etc.... Then it shouldn't matter right? 
Btw, any good recommendations of a EA for newbies like me

dancsy76:
Ah.. I see thanks. 
But if I backtest without indicating any criteria in time of entry etc.... Then it shouldn't matter right? 
Btw, any good recommendations of a EA for newbies like me

No recommendations in the forum.

Eleni Anna Branou:

No recommendations in the forum.

👍
Reason: