Suggestion to forum admins - page 42

backtesting ... I do not like backtesting.

Links for backtesting are here:

Backtesting and data:

- Backtesting/Optimization: big public thread.

- backtesting with 99% modeling quality is here.

- How to make mt4 show 10m 20m 2H 3H timeframe: public thread.

So, there are a lot of everything inside those threads.

But ... backtesting is made on 1 timeframe, right?

So, backtesting is useless in case of EA was coded as MTF, or some indicator was coded inside EA on open bar and for many other cases. For example, if you are buying some EA from someone and you do not know how it was coded (MTF, or open bar ...) so ... backtesting can produce unrealistic results. backtesting is good for old classical systems (1 trade per symbol with no hedge and no martingale and no scalping). But in other cases - backtesting results can not be reslistic.

people are using backtesting for the following cases:

- to find good settings for the EA;

and

- to know - will EA work for this broker, or not

and

- to know minimum deposit size

- and

- to know which min/max lot size to be opened with some parrticular settings.

Hi Newdigital,

Thank you for the links. And I agree with your comments about the weakness of backtesting. Actually the problem I ran into this time was backtesting a mtf EA.

Yet backtesting has its values. You can find through backtesting in a few minutes potential drawdowns that may take years to find through forward testing. An example is the trend envelope EA. If the EA signal is not mtf, and is based on closed bar only, and the indicator does not repaint, and it does not scalp, the result can be reliable. I value foward testing as much as I do backtesting. To me they are complimentary.

Change Thread Title

Hi NewDigital,

Is it possible you change the title of this thread

Current:ECB Records an Increase in Overnight Deposits

Proposed: Tradervox.com - News and Analysis for the Forex Market

We will publish our news and analysis as they happen.

Thanks a lot for the space at your Forum.

Regards, Marc.

I received your email (via Contact Us form) and changed). So, it was changed.

By the way - we are promoting analytics on many social networks (I mean: your analytics/posts on tsd, and/or any other persons/companies who are posting it on this section).

So, thanks for the content.

newdigital:
I received your email (via Contact Us form) and changed). So, it was changed.

By the way - we are promoting analytics on many social networks (I mean: your analytics/posts on tsd, and/or any other persons/companies who are posting it on this section).

So, thanks for the content.

Hi NewDigital,

Thanks for your promptness as usual.

Ok, I happy for you to re-distribute Tradervox analytics in the Social Media.

Cheers and success with you Forum!

Regards, Marc.

Any broker can have 1 thread on brokers section (if for free). One thread per broker. If more - go to Contact Us form and ask/pay for banner or any. Second/3rd etc thread for same broker should be deleted, or merged to be '1 thread per broker'.

If some problems/issues - go to Contact Us form and send a message to moderators/admins on 'General Site Feedback'.

Besides, any broker can have 1 thread on this section Analytics to post analytics, not an advertisements. Content should be uploaded directly to your forum.

The best analytics threads (and good threads too) are promoted in many social networks officially and inofficially and in any way by tsd team.

Just for information.

Just want to let everyone know things are going to be slowly getting back to normal apologize for any inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

Hmm..

how many post do I have I know more that 3 should be 14-15 ish as of today then I can message users ..yaaa

I do not remember ... more than 4 anyway.

But good posts. It should not be spam posts

Not really diging this new forum layout...

Not really diging this new forum layout and colors...

Just an opinion...

Cheers!

Reason: