Adaptive Abdullah grid - page 4

Thank you Dunhill, you are very kind,

Hi Zappata,

I just happen to read your thread, and it is an interesting method. Thanks for sharing. I haven't read completely your descriptions, however, would you mind describe it in chart to make it clearer? Here I attach my chart. I took 2 fractal points to draw the fibo retracement. Please have a look, is it correct? Thanks zappata

Cheers,

Files:
zpt.gif  10 kb

Hi Zappata,

I have been thinking about your method again and I found that it is very interesting The most interesting part is the wavelength or grid size. May be we should call this Adaptive Martiangle System

Okay, from my intepretation of your method:

I choose 2 fractal points as the wavelength (red box). Then put the modified Fibonacci Retracement. It's a downwave, so I short 0.1 lot at 0.618 level with target -0.382. When it increase to 1.618 level, I short again 0.2 lot with target 0.618. When target reached, I close all trades. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I got some problems:

- so, I just choose any 2 consequtive fractals right? (the red box)

- from your doc file:

1-Buy 0.1 lot @ 0.618 level with target the -0.382 level if reached

2-If not buy 0.2 lot @ 1.618 level with target 0.618 level if reached close all positions.

Does it suppose to be SELL, not BUY? Sell 0.1 lot at 0.618 with target -0.382.

- What's the minimum wavelength (grid size)? Is 5 pips allowed?

- What the recommended maximum progression level? Is 5 secure enough?

I'd like to discuss this method further with you and everyone.

Thanks.

Best,

Files:
zpt_1.gif  10 kb

That's it

Hi wibitiens

Thanks for your contribution & your interest.

This is the right way to implement my system, but I have to explain 3 things:

1- With my experience, we should choose min Wl=5 pibs & max according to your account size.

2- You should take positions in both directions, because this will help you to get pibs for buys directly (for example) while accumulating stagged lots for sells. For that, you need 2 charts (one for buy & one for sell) to avoid complicating your charts.

3- In order to take entries in 2 directions, I recommend to begin to take 0.05 lots instead of 0.1 at first.

By the way I like your Idea about the name & I will suggest this name:

Adaptive Abdullah grid.

Hope that answers your questions.

May the pibs be with you

Zappata

OOps!

Sorry wibitiens

I remarked in your last chart that you used a up wave to execute sell grid, you should use sell wave to execute sell grid. I think you are using Fibonacci expansion in your grid you should use Fibonacci retracement.

Sory again,

Zappata

For Newdigital

Hi ND

I would like to transfer this thread to another area of thi forum: Suggestion for a manual trading system with the name "Adaptive Abdullah grid". Is it possible & how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

zappata:
Hi ND

I would like to transfer this thread to another area of thi forum: Suggestion for a manual trading system with the name "Adaptive Abdullah grid". Is it possible & how to do it.

Thanks in advance.

Done.

zappata:
Sorry wibitiens

I remarked in your last chart that you used a up wave to execute sell grid, you should use sell wave to execute sell grid. I think you are using Fibonacci expansion in your grid you should use Fibonacci retracement.

Sory again,

Zappata

Hi Zappata,

Please check my screen shot. I used the Fibonacci Retracement and change the value as in your description:

a) Fibonacci retracement modified as follows:

-Remove all levels except 0.618. Add the levels 1.618, 2.618, 3.618, 4.618, 5.618, 6.618, 7.618, 8.618, 9.618, 10.618, & -0.382 as first target.

Could you post your screenshot to make it clearer? Thanks.

Yeah, I am agree with you, we could change the name of your strategy with Adaptive Abdullah Grid

By the way, sorry I am a bit late in replying lately. I am still out of town and the only connection that I got is only dial up

Looking forward to seeing your screen shot explanation

Cheers,

Files:
fibor.jpg  115 kb

Typical

hi wibitiens

Attached a typical grid

Files:
aag.zip  59 kb

zappata:
hi wibitiens Attached a typical grid

Got it So, it should be like this right? Haha ... I think I need to work around with this fibo retracement lines Ok, I'll try it again. Thanks Zappata.

Cheers,

Files:
zpt_2.gif  9 kb
Reason: