1 pip difference between live and demo - page 4

On Friday we received the login information for the new MT4-Currenex project we have been waiting for. The brokerage firm involved still has to resolve the latency (delay) issues present, but even having something to test is progress. We will continue to monitor the platform and pricing. When everything is ready for live testing and we get to run some successful live trades, this might become another option for our forex traders.

found this on da web, currenex is an ecn.

The two MT4 day trading brokers are almost ready to release their Currenex products. This might happen this week, but it is not a guarantee. The only Currenex broker where we are actually trading live with Strategy Runner is ODL. So far, the Strategy Runner day trading software is performing great, but we need to run it through some more dynamic market scenarios to make sure that it is acceptable under extreme conditions.

good news

MiniMe:
its not 1 pip anymore by the way , same broker feed

Thats one nice spike there. That broker must be using Saxobank's feed. notorious for spikes.

Demo to live - Different Spreads

After trying out a scalping system on MT4 with several brokers I finally had the nerve to go live. I chose the broker whose tiny spreads in demo gave the best results. On downloading their live MT4 platform I was dismayed to find that instead of fixed spreads of 2, 3 and 4 pips they were variable and HUGE. Is it legal to give one impression from the demo account and then to change spreads so immensely in the live platform? This seems like gross deception to me. What do others think?

Egwig

spread is one problem , I have accounts with different brokers and I manage few for some friends and the filling the orders is another problem that will face any scalper , its way different between brokers and its way different between lot sizes.

if you want to scalp try to keep your lot size small , with bigger lot sizes you open the eyes on you and your stops might be hit if you try with bigger lot sizes

It is true you can have an idea about brokers checking out their spread policies but it also depends of market volatility. More than a problem, spreads are a result from market performances and as traders we have to face it.

Spreads don't rely only on market performances. This would be true for an ecn, where spreads variations can be insane.

With a good broker, you won't get fixed spreads but variations will stay on a small range. Best things to do is to ask other users to find out how their brokers are doing.

currently I'm on demo StrategyRunner + Currenex

Strategy Runner

so far so good,on trial based...can't trade live yet

I think spreads are a lucky matter, because although you get information about them from your broker and you take them into account in the moment of building your strategy, the market solves all and that is sometimes unpredictable so we can get surprises on that. With more reasons with the current market.