1 pip difference between live and demo - page 3

Just got the following message below from interbankfx, so let's see if this will mean that in future their live accounts will behave more like their demo accounts:

Dear Customer,

InterbankFX will be upgrading our trading platform and server technology to better serve your needs. Your account will be moved to a new, faster server. All mini accounts using software version 4 will be divided between two newer, faster servers.

One of the new servers will inherit the current INTERBANKFX-MT4 MINI ACCOUNTS name and the other new server will be called INTEBANKFX-MT4 MINI ACCOUNTS 2. To determine if you need to change your server to Accounts 2 , please visit our website at www.interbankfx.com and follow the links to the mini accounts upgrade page.

Server upgrades will begin 5:00pm Mountain Daylight time after the close of trading on Friday evening June 1st , 2007 - and will be completed by 11:59:59pm Mountain Daylight time Saturday June 2nd.

What you will experience:

Starting Friday evening June 1st , in order to determine if you need a new server address to log into your account, we ask you to please go to this web address - http://www.interbankfx.com/PressRelease/MT4Dilution.php - and follow the simple instructions.

We appreciate your patience.

If you experience any difficulties please contact InterbankFX customer service at

Toll Free:1-866-468-3739

International 1 801-930-6800

Chat http://www.interbankfx.com/livechat/trade_support.php

Email support@interbankfx.com

Or visit the MT4 upgrade information website at www.interbankfx.com and follow the provided links.

either the customer rep does not know why and that is the best explanation he can come up with in his mind.... or he is lieing to u. and i think its 90% he doesnt know why. and 10% he is lieing to u.

but if its true that meta trader brokers match orders. then meta trader is a joke. and i would quit trying to learn mql4. and pic another platform. as it looks all metatrader brokers seem second tier. from mediocore to crap.

elitecamper:
something doesnt seem right here. meta trader brokers need to match buyers with sellers? thats BS. .....META TRADER BROKERS.... are getting paid on the spread and then ripping u off one pip on ur entrance and exit and thats the truth. only ecns match orders.

This is very true. But the brokers are not charities either and they are in it to make money just like us traders (or gamblers if you want to put it another way).

I am not defending these practices, it is very annoying to run 2 exact EAs side by side, one on demo and one on a live account and find that the demo account consistently makes more money than than live one does, or that the demo account loses less money than your live account does.

It appears that an honest MT4 broker is very hard to find.

guys have a look at this link

http://www.metaquotes.net/forum/2861/

Metatrader was designed to server brokers not traders, and this is how it works, we are being ripped in all ways, but we try to make money in the same time

Daraknor had some nice ideas but I don't know if he ever managed to connect MT4 to ECN

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

treberk:
This is very true. But the brokers are not charities either and they are in it to make money just like us traders (or gamblers if you want to put it another way).

I am not defending these practices, it is very annoying to run 2 exact EAs side by side, one on demo and one on a live account and find that the demo account consistently makes more money than than live one does, or that the demo account loses less money than your live account does.

It appears that an honest MT4 broker is very hard to find.

i dont think anyone expects their broker to be a charity but i know what u mean we are not just crying and complaining and being self centered. the point here is being made because these brokers are doing things under the table and are not being outfront about it. i think that all these meta trader brokers are mid level brokers or starting out brokers. there a bunch of them, new ones all the time. and others go out of buisness too. i think the one making the most money out of all of us and the brokers is the meta trader company. who knows how much they charge these brokers to let them use their software.

elitecamper:
i think the one making the most money out of all of us and the brokers is the meta trader company. who knows how much they charge these brokers to let them use their software.

You mean MetaQuotes.

I think they charge $100,000 to licence Metatrader to brokers. These brokers have to recoup this outlay.

guys looky here

i this forum www.fxprogrammers.com,

theres a thread there talking about being able to use MetaTrader4 with propfx.com a division of fxcm for professional traders. it has lvl 2 quotes from multiple banks. check last post.

actually u can also use metatrader4 with the fxcm.com retail broker too. so either of their two options sounds good. it would be cool to test a real and a demo account with them.

http://www.fxprogrammers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291

Sometimes brokers can do something like this too: notice the price on the right, count the ticks inbetween each number. Notice anything..? lol... yep that's right, a tick is missing between each number... the old saying goes: "if there's a way for someone the screw ya, they probably will".

Isn't trading fun... lol...

Files:
dorks.jpg  73 kb

mt4 interfaces with strategyrunner and u would place ur trades thru strategy runner.

strategyautomationstationlink.pdf

i guess its just one big long work around metatrader sends signals to system automation station. thru email hehe. (if u get a good ping with their servers i guess its not a big deal) then the system automation sends signal to strategy runner and then SR to fxcm.

wow thats scandalous

Reason: