Who has worked with price density(bars)? - page 6

The truth is out there... (с)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyaKQOAP5ek&feature=related - Webinar "Introduction to Market Profile, Part 1"

https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ESdaytrader#g/u - ES Daytrade User Channel ESdaytrade

Peter Steidlmayer.

Volume trading strategies - take volumes from VolFix.NET™

Market Profile and Language Understanding

Jack K. Hutson The Wyckoff method

Eric Nyman "The Way to Financial Freedom " p.189 - top paragraph - 3.1. Resistance, Support and Life Levels (Life Level), p.218 - 3.8. Workshop: defining levels and p.219 - bottom paragraph - here

and a bunch more indicators on this topic in Code Base

Did I understand correctly that this is analogous to the "market profile" or are there differences apart from the tuning?

I would say it's all "variations on a theme". The original idea was to build a profile based on price movement as I understand it, then they started adding volumes, which probably makes sense. In general, it's more the author Steidlmayer and the CBOT textbook on the profile that should be read.

ZZZEROXXX:
I would say these are all "variations on a theme". The original idea was to build a profile based on price movement, as I understand it, and then they started adding volumes, which probably makes sense. In general, it's more the author Steidlmayer and the CBOT textbook on the profile that should be read.

the easiest way is to build the price life level, a channel on either side of it - support-resistance

these values are different for each instrument and frame

To determine the level of lifetime I use a modified sliding channel (Borispolz) with an additional horizontal line

sever31:
Did I get it right, it's an analogue of "market profile" or there are differences apart from tuning?

You're the only one who asked a question on the subject - where will the profit be? ;)

ZS: I think this is another variation on the "I made such a thing once ..." theme and I don't know how to use it in trading.

ЗЫ: думаю это очередной топик вариации темы "Сделал я как-то такую штуку ...", а как использовать в торговле не знаю

This thing was made by Peter Steidlmayer many years ago. We just witnessed the rediscovery))) The subject is interesting, but like many things, it needs to be properly prepared. I can say from experience that it's fascinating, but not self-sufficient.

Off topic, why is 31, 30 boring? Or was it a birthday party?

sayfuji:

This thing was made by Peter Steidlmayer many years ago. We just witnessed the rediscovery))) The subject is interesting, but like many things, it needs to be properly prepared. I can say from experience that it's fascinating, but not self-sufficient.

Off topic, why is 31, 30 boring? Or was it a birthday party?

Yes, it happened)

sayfuji:
The topic is interesting, but like many things, it needs to be properly prepared. In my experience, it's fascinating, but not self-sufficient.
google ballistika's posts, she states that histogram void distances are a constant thing

IgorM:
google ballistika's posts, she states that histogram void distances are a constant thing

no googling, it could mean that the trends are always the same length/volume, but that's nonsense
Reason: