Master & Slave EA's - page 2

daraknor:
It looks like your only big loss on USDJPY was a sell trade that hung in for over 50 days, paying swap the whole time. It counted as a Take Profit even! I'd recommend the Grace or Force close code in Phoenix, which doesn't allow a trade to stay open longer than the number of hours specified. With Grace, it uses a tight trailing stop at any price. With Force, it just sends OrderClose().

Yes, that was definitely a fluke. I've got a hedge protection module from another EA that I'm going to plug in to Blastoff to help address this type of thing if/when it ever happens.

fxnewbie:
I dont do programming, but is posible to hide an author sign in each ea selled? In that way, if an EA is selled violating author's rights, we can know immediatly who is the thief.

Nope. Once the .ex4 is decompiled, all is known and can easily be massaged.

daraknor:
I'm also in a position where I have an EA that I'd like to let others use, but I don't want to sell it outright. EBay seems like one way to go, but I still feel queasy about it. What I'm going to do is host the EA for a lease amount or for a percentage of winnings (Managed Account). I'm also interested in the Master/Slave concept because my EA trades on differrent scales, like 30 pip, 60 pip, 120 pip, 240 pip, etc profitably using the same rules. Due to the weirdness of how the market is processed (I wrote my own indicators) separating all of the data into arrays would be horribly messy. I'm thinking I should keep the EA separate, or I could run the Master/Slave method. I believe means having 1 or 2 variables different for each of the slaves, hopefully only 2 files (master and slave), one chart open.

I really like your hosting/leasing idea. That could be an answer although a lot of folks like running their own show on their own machine with their own copy of the EA.

bluto:
I really like your hosting/leasing idea. That could be an answer although a lot of folks like running their own show on their own machine with their own copy of the EA.

Well, if you ever decide to sell one of your profitable EA (I am following your 10point3 developments), jitterburg/waverider, just PM me please.

Do it!

Bluto,

You've done so much for this community and I want to thank you. I think you should go ahead with selling it on ebay. I didn't know there were so many EAs on ebay actually until I read this thread, heh.

Take it easy

nittany1

bluto:

It has been my experience *most* people just want to make money. Most of them don't want to optimize, etc. By having a hosted application, they know they can get support or someone on the phone. The main reason I'm doing the hosting is because it isn't worth an unreliable connection to have a single bad trade. One guy posted on Phoenix threads he turns off his computer at night because the noise is too loud.

What I face is an optimization issue, you can't run more than a few copies of MetaTrader at once. If you can do the type of testing that NewDigital does (all on one account) you only need one copy of MetaTrader running. Between 10-20 copies, you start getting errors, disk thrashing, etc. In between EA work, I'm optimizing a virtual environment for MetaTrader with proxied connection, virtual history files, etc. So many optimizations necessary to get decent performance. In my experience, EA hosting is a nontrivial and desired thing.

Doing hosted EA would also let you worry less about sales, support, new user learning, etc. As Hendrick said, "I'd rather be writing EA."

My Ultimate Goal for Master/Slave EA is doing neural network testing, but I'd be happy to simply have fewer charts open. (1 chart per currency) It doesn't affect hosted performance, the number of read/write operations, network transfers, etc are all the same.

Hello,

Afflicted but I do not include/understand, you sell is your ea or other thing?

MiniMe:
what would be interesting is to make the master EA also control the time of the trade, like if a trader want to stop all the EAs on US session or in certain hour or between specific period he should be able to do that. what would be interesting is to make the master EA also control the time of the trade, like if a trader want to stop all the EAs on US session or in certain hour or between specific period he should be able to do that,

Similar idea is already been developed by scorpion ...

in General it will be a very useful EA, let me know once its fully ready and if its for sale ?

Very easy to do. What the master EA controls (in my app) is a central switchboard made up of parallel banks of global variables with one bank per pair. The master and slave message each other by toggling the state of the variables with either boolean flags or values.

bluto:
Very easy to do. What the master EA controls (in my app) is a central switchboard made up of parallel banks of global variables with one bank per pair. The master and slave message each other by toggling the state of the variables with either boolean flags or values.

Great, I hope you consider adding this feature.

pls let me know if you consider selling /sharing your EA ?

Good job, and Good luck

Alan

what would be interesting is to make the master EA also control the time of the trade, like if a trader want to stop all the EAs on US session or in certain hour or between specific period he should be able to do that.

Similar idea is already been developed by scorpion ...

in General it will be a very useful EA, let me know once its fully ready and if its for sale ?

Reason: