Master & Slave EA's - page 4

Great job!

Damn, Bluto! You are TOO good! I am always surprised to see what you come up with and your Master/Slave concept is no exception. You must be rakin' the cash. Aren't you?

gbertoli:
Bluto my friend,

I really believe that passionate and open people like you do not exist anymore!!

GB

This statement is a contradiction, you are stating that you believe that Bluto is "passionate and open" yet at the same time you are stating that you do not believe that "passionate and open...exist anymore"

Next, if Bluto wants to sell an EA that he has programmed then I believe that that is his choice as there are too many people seeking a free lunch. Also, you have to note that even when Blutohas freely given out his EAs that outrageous people still complain and demand more from him etc. For example, he recently wrote an EA for one on the manual systems on this forum called Bomb Piper or Pipe Bomber and freely gave it out on this forum. A day or so later he removed it because some morons complained. So, in this world you can never please everybody even when you freely share things with them!

Hi, Bluto. I'm curious to know more about the technical side of your master/slave EA setup. How are you able to have multiple EAs working in conjunction? They must be sharing data. If so, where do you store the data, a file a perhaps? I'm considering doing something like what you have done, but need some technical guidance. Thanks!

Hi all,

A lot of worries and discussions recently about stealing, decompiling and selling EAs. This is natural, we have some gifted programmers here, who, besides their coding skills, can and do have decent ideas to code. So we have something that others might want.

Stealing and decompiling thing is nothing new in the outside world. Years after years some guys were inventing new things, and others would steal data or charts, then make their own and sell it. Happens all the time everywhere. I don't say I support this, I really hate this kind if thing. But at the same time I must admit it is probably in the human nature to use fruits of someone's labour.

There is one question creators of EA's must answer to themselves before they do anything: what is the thing I wrote this EA for, what I want to be happening with it? If one is very concerned about his work being sold on ebay or wherever, keep it to yourself. Even if you sell it yourself, there is no guarantee that one of the buyers will not decompile it or resell even without decompiling. So the only way to be sure nothing wrong is happening to your piece or work is to keep it to yourself. Also then there is no need to post to forums about it, because its not going to be published. Daraknor's idea about hosted metatraders is good, but then why worry, host, maintain, support etc, if all you need is your EA running? Just additional hassle with not so great returns (if compared with what an EA does).

After all these considerations I believe the choice is this: do I want to help people, although some bad guys probably will take advantage of my work, or do I want to keep everything simple and safe, so no selling and distributing? The choice is yours to make.

Concept of master & slave strategy?

Hi,

Can someone describe for me the general concept of the master & slave trading strategy? (Does it involve leather? Jk)

Thanks for the input

bluto:

Here's sort of a new concept I've been messing with and so far, so good. I have a master EA that resides on an arbitrary chart and manages the available equity pool for slave EA trades via global variables. The slave EA's manage their own respective chart pairs for trading, and when they get a signal, they poll the master to see how much equity is available. The master reserves a pre-determined buffer reserve, and calculates the appropriate lot size for the slave pro-rata with the number of charts being traded using a money management scheme. This allows the slave EA to focus on trading without being concerned with clobbering account-wide equity.

Now for the slave EA's....I'm using an EA I wrote called "Blastoff" which uses a price volatility/momentum engine to pinpoint a sweet spot for signal entry....a sweetspot that doesn't occur frequently but which is virtually guaranteed to win. The EA targets 15 or 20 takeprofit pips and is typically in and out the same day. Attached are some sample backtest reports. I've been trading this EA as a slave on 8 different charts using 50 mini lots per trade since the beginning of the year without a single loss to date (knock on wood).

Hey, I am looking to achieve the same outcome with a Master EA managing Slave EA's on the charts using various trading strategies.  Do you use ADR or ATR to manage risk on each pair?  

Reason: