Master & Slave EA's

Here's sort of a new concept I've been messing with and so far, so good. I have a master EA that resides on an arbitrary chart and manages the available equity pool for slave EA trades via global variables. The slave EA's manage their own respective chart pairs for trading, and when they get a signal, they poll the master to see how much equity is available. The master reserves a pre-determined buffer reserve, and calculates the appropriate lot size for the slave pro-rata with the number of charts being traded using a money management scheme. This allows the slave EA to focus on trading without being concerned with clobbering account-wide equity.

Now for the slave EA's....I'm using an EA I wrote called "Blastoff" which uses a price volatility/momentum engine to pinpoint a sweet spot for signal entry....a sweetspot that doesn't occur frequently but which is virtually guaranteed to win. The EA targets 15 or 20 takeprofit pips and is typically in and out the same day. Attached are some sample backtest reports. I've been trading this EA as a slave on 8 different charts using 50 mini lots per trade since the beginning of the year without a single loss to date (knock on wood).

bluto:
Here's sort of a new concept I've been messing with and so far, so good. I have a master EA that resides on an arbitrary chart and manages the available equity pool for slave EA trades via global variables. The slave EA's manage their own respective chart pairs for trading, and when they get a signal, they poll the master to see how much equity is available. The master reserves a pre-determined buffer reserve, and calculates the appropriate lot size for the slave pro-rata with the number of charts being traded using a money management scheme. This allows the slave EA to focus on trading without being concerned with clobbering account-wide equity. Now for the slave EA's....I'm using an EA I wrote called "Blastoff" which uses a price volatility/momentum engine to pinpoint a sweet spot for signal entry....a sweetspot that doesn't occur frequently but which is virtually guaranteed to win. The EA targets 15 or 20 takeprofit pips and is typically in and out the same day. Attached are some sample backtest reports. I've been trading this EA as a slave on 8 different charts using 50 mini lots per trade since the beginning of the year without a single loss to date (knock on wood).

Great, Congratz, Bluto !!!!

Throw us a bone to chew

Hi Bluto

The concept to give an EA its own finance secretary sounds pretty smart.

Do I get it right,that the fewer pairs you trade,the larger the lotsizes and vice versa (according to free margin)?

Do you think you will share that material, at least as ex.4 file?

hbud

hbud:
Hi Bluto

The concept to give an EA its own finance secretary sounds pretty smart.

Do I get it right,that the fewer pairs you trade,the larger the lotsizes and vice versa (according to free margin)?

Do you think you will share that material, at least as ex.4 file?

hbud

Yes, you are right about lot sizes. That's the idea. With the fairly quick turnover in Blastoff trades, the equity returns to the pool pretty fast. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this EA. Posting an ex4 is a good as giving away the .mq4 code because the unscrupulous types out there would quickly get it decompiled and then it would be all over the place. Maybe I'll sell it on EBay, I don't know.

On one hand alot of people think ex files can be decompiled and stolen. But on the other hand I read all over forums that decompiling an ex file don't give you the instant mql code as its originally written. Someone would have to know exactly what you did and why in order to put it all back together.

Thats my understanding of it.

I think its relatively safe.

Nice job.

dave

i looked at the euro/$ backtest and there was a sell trade opened on 1/3/06 which closed on 2/6/06. from looking at the chart, it went into drawdown for what looks like 300+ pips before closing at the TP of 20. is this an error because most of the other trades close within a few days?

xxDavidxSxx:
On one hand alot of people think ex files can be decompiled and stolen. But on the other hand I read all over forums that decompiling an ex file don't give you the instant mql code as its originally written. Someone would have to know exactly what you did and why in order to put it all back together.

Thats my understanding of it.

I think its relatively safe.

Nice job.

dave

I've seen decompiled EA's and the code logic is very readable and straightforward. The only thing that gets messed up is the naming of variables; extern variable names are preserved by the decompiler, but local variables get renamed such as "var_168", "var_122", etc. The task is then to go through the code and figure out what the real variable names should be. It can be time consuming, but anybody intent on cracking the EA can do so easily. It's big business and widely practiced from what I hear and see.

BluePearl:
i looked at the euro/$ backtest and there was a sell trade opened on 1/3/06 which closed on 2/6/06. from looking at the chart, it went into drawdown for what looks like 300+ pips before closing at the TP of 20. is this an error because most of the other trades close within a few days?

Probably some bad historical data which wouldn't surprise me. I haven't seen that behavior either with forward testing or live trading.

I'm also in a position where I have an EA that I'd like to let others use, but I don't want to sell it outright. EBay seems like one way to go, but I still feel queasy about it. What I'm going to do is host the EA for a lease amount or for a percentage of winnings (Managed Account).

I'm also interested in the Master/Slave concept because my EA trades on differrent scales, like 30 pip, 60 pip, 120 pip, 240 pip, etc profitably using the same rules. Due to the weirdness of how the market is processed (I wrote my own indicators) separating all of the data into arrays would be horribly messy. I'm thinking I should keep the EA separate, or I could run the Master/Slave method. I believe means having 1 or 2 variables different for each of the slaves, hopefully only 2 files (master and slave), one chart open.

It looks like your only big loss on USDJPY was a sell trade that hung in for over 50 days, paying swap the whole time. It counted as a Take Profit even! I'd recommend the Grace or Force close code in Phoenix, which doesn't allow a trade to stay open longer than the number of hours specified. With Grace, it uses a tight trailing stop at any price. With Force, it just sends OrderClose().

bluto:
I've seen decompiled EA's and the code logic is very readable and straightforward. The only thing that gets messed up is the naming of variables; extern variable names are preserved by the decompiler, but local variables get renamed such as "var_168", "var_122", etc. The task is then to go through the code and figure out what the real variable names should be. It can be time consuming, but anybody intent on cracking the EA can do so easily. It's big business and widely practiced from what I hear and see.

I dont do programming, but is posible to hide an author sign in each ea selled?

In that way, if an EA is selled violating author's rights, we can know immediatly who is the thief.

Reason: