Master & Slave EA's - page 3

Thanks for the work

Please let me know if you want me to test this EA or whatever you want to do with this EA or any other EA I know your work is great and I think most here really appreciate your brilliant ideas.

A little morsel is welcome

Berdj

Hello Bluto, I appreciate your desire to keep your trading strategies private. Concerning the Master-Slave aspects, why don't you strip out the trade signal and execution code or replace them with a simple indicator (e.g. MACD or similar) and make the fund management aspects public?

thanks Bluto

Is it not possible to create a code that scrambles the code if the EA is decomplied?

Seems a shame that the dishonost few spoil it for the many.But I guess that's generally the way it is in life.

Be encouraged though.You are making a difference.

I have been trading forex since the beginning of this year and the only profitable two weeks I have had have been the last two,trading with bipolar very carefully.

Thank You!!!

no more news from bluto?

Bluto

Thats a good portfolio manager, AKA CFO. Now if one would do the same with a master market analysiser to pick the currency pair to trade and pass it down to slaves to trade you would have a COO! All you would need at is point is the CEO to oversee the business. I am not kidding around here stop and think about it.

bluto:
Here's sort of a new concept I've been messing with and so far, so good. I have a master EA that resides on an arbitrary chart and manages the available equity pool for slave EA trades via global variables. The slave EA's manage their own respective chart pairs for trading, and when they get a signal, they poll the master to see how much equity is available. The master reserves a pre-determined buffer reserve, and calculates the appropriate lot size for the slave pro-rata with the number of charts being traded using a money management scheme. This allows the slave EA to focus on trading without being concerned with clobbering account-wide equity. Now for the slave EA's....I'm using an EA I wrote called "Blastoff" which uses a price volatility/momentum engine to pinpoint a sweet spot for signal entry....a sweetspot that doesn't occur frequently but which is virtually guaranteed to win. The EA targets 15 or 20 takeprofit pips and is typically in and out the same day. Attached are some sample backtest reports. I've been trading this EA as a slave on 8 different charts using 50 mini lots per trade since the beginning of the year without a single loss to date (knock on wood).

Writing a dll that contained most of your logic could be a good alternative to an ex4 file. Its much more difficult to take one of those apart, although probably still doable if you had enough expertise or money to pay for it.

Another thing you guys can do is run a signal service. Since it looks like some of you already have a server available for use, you can set up a socket/webservice connection on your box that others can tap into. That way all of the logic would be hidden on your server, and you could control who has access to use it.

All the user would need on their machine is an EA/script that continously hits your server, looking for trade signals. All you would need on your box is one instance of Metatrader and code that monitors the actions of your EA.

Juan

I want to have a centralized location for lot sizing among multiple EA (some of them Elite, 1 of my own private design, and Phoenix which I maintain). I can see using a centralized location to prevent accidental hedging in a single currency, and accidental hedging across currencies.

Here are some design goals:

Dont accidentally hedge over 75%.

Limit max risk across correlated currency in a certain direction (Limit effect of a single market movement).

Make multiple EA play nice together on the same account.

Allow long term and short term trades to coexist, even if hedged. (Dont block the 20 pip Sell because we have a 200 pip Buy).

Reaction? Should I start code?

JHernandez

The way you code is also a factor in the ease of understanding. If you code in very long one liners and dont use many referances in your code it is very hard to understand even with the mql file let alone the decompiled ex4 file. Give me a short EA and I will rewrite it for you to show what I mean. It will be very hard to understand what its doing and imposible to alter.

jhernandez:
Writing a dll that contained most of your logic could be a good alternative to an ex4 file. Its much more difficult to take one of those apart, although probably still doable if you had enough expertise or money to pay for it.

Another thing you guys can do is run a signal service. Since it looks like some of you already have a server available for use, you can set up a socket/webservice connection on your box that others can tap into. That way all of the logic would be hidden on your server, and you could control who has access to use it.

All the user would need on their machine is an EA/script that continously hits your server, looking for trade signals. All you would need on your box is one instance of Metatrader and code that monitors the actions of your EA.

Juan
Reason: