PowerTrading/The River - page 4

Yet another River Trade

Here is an example of a textbook entry and exit on the River. You could have stayed in longer but the original move was a good one. I hope this helps. This is what works for me. I think that it could be a trade for all of you as well.

BTW: Thanks for all the encouragement in the PM's. Don't worry about the ganging up, I am use to it by now! LOL

PowerTrader:
Here is an example of a reversal trade taken on the River. I posted this in our TS room as the trade was live and you can see the sell order in place.

Reversals are a bit harder to learn but with lots of practice, you can get it. Wow! How many pips is that and still going?

Thanx for the examples like that. It is easy to say "make 600 pips here" when we have a rare 1500 pip downtrend on the gbpjpy. The trick for traders is to find good entries/exits during normal trading times.

Keep up the good work and feel free to keep posting here, regardless of the needless banter.

Also, what are you specifically looking for on your CCI indicator? Do you have values for that for buys/sells, like +/- 200 ?

GK

River Trades

gkozlyk:
Thanx for the examples like that. It is easy to say "make 600 pips here" when we have a rare 1500 pip downtrend on the gbpjpy. The trick for traders is to find good entries/exits during normal trading times.

Keep up the good work and feel free to keep posting here, regardless of the needless banter.

Also, what are you specifically looking for on your CCI indicator? Do you have values for that for buys/sells, like +/- 200 ?

GK

You are right and every trade will not be the big one. The entry is specific but can be aided by the proper use of fibo and trendlines. The exits are much more difficult. I enjoy trading the gbp/jpy but it can be very fast moving and turn on a dime. I will post some actual trades from this week and that should help. The cci is just one indicator and not even the most important. I draw trendlines on the cci itself and when I have a trendline that has touch points for a few days or is touching points where price was stalled several times, then when that trendline is broken you have a move.

Hope this helps

PT

PowerTrader:
You are right and every trade will not be the big one. The entry is specific but can be aided by the proper use of fibo and trendlines. The exits are much more difficult. I enjoy trading the gbp/jpy but it can be very fast moving and turn on a dime. I will post some actual trades from this week and that should help. The cci is just one indicator and not even the most important. I draw trendlines on the cci itself and when I have a trendline that has touch points for a few days or is touching points where price was stalled several times, then when that trendline is broken you have a move.

Hope this helps

PT

Cool, thanx. Actual trades would be best. I appreciate the help and putting up with the banter.

And yes, taking out, or at least locking in profit is a smart move.

GK

TO u all guys who work on This System , you have great job,

Thank All For This Perfect System I Injoyed while i,m reading all of the Thread

SO i must enter Buy/sell when all the candle closed above/below Blue/red envolves but it,s not recomended to enter if the candle crossover the red/blue envolves

Best Regards

Hany

hany mohssen:
TO u all guys who work on This System , you have great job,

Thank All For This Perfect System I Injoyed while i,m reading all of the Thread

SO i must enter Buy/sell when all the candle closed above/below Blue/red envolves but it,s not recomended to enter if the candle crossover the red/blue envolves

Best Regards

Hany

The best entry is when a candle opens and closes outside the Blue/Red line. If the candle is a completed candle it will probably be a safer trade. Be smart, if there is a strategic fibo or a previous days high or low in the way, let a candle open above that point.

PT

My first post here

Hello Traders,

I have only been seriously looking at the river trade for 5 weeks and I, along with others are making good pips from it. My advice is that you take your current knowledge about your favorite currency pair and add that with the river template and make it work for you.

YOU are your best teacher. Believe and you will succeed.

Melissa

newdigital can you delete all the dictionary thick posts so that whoever wants to learn this system does not have to wade through all the bs?

PT thanks for this system, if i can trade this from early asian session then it's what i have been looking for! thank you

My chart looks wrong, PT please have a look and advise it looks like i have an ocean

Files:
river.jpg  224 kb

Looks Okay

Cryten:
My chart looks wrong, PT please have a look and advise it looks like i have an ocean

Did you use the template? If so the only thing you may want to do since you have it on a black background, either change the color of the background or the color of the 62 SMA that makes up the median of your envelope.

By all means, I am all for deleting the posts that have nothing to do with the trade, including my own.

PT

Reason: