PowerTrading/The River - page 2

What times of the day do trade this system and for how many hours?

ps thanks for sharing!!

What brokerage are you using, so then the chart times from the screenshots will be a good indicator as to when you take those trades. It looks as though your times are similar to InterbankFX which is GMT I believe.

Thanx,

GK

i demo with vtrader, north finance and interbankfx.

It's hard because I live in the uk I am at work soon after london open.

So was wondering what times you trade this and for how long. How long are you looking at charts?

Times and Brokers

I live in the eastern US. The screen shots are either from InterbankFX or FastbrokersFx because I use both. The Gbp/Jpy which has become my favorite pair can be traded from the early Asian session into the US. I trade the Gbp/Usd. starting in the European sessions into the US. I am usually out of all my trades by 18:00GMT.

Hope that helps,

PT

PowerTrader:
Here is another example. There was also a River trade that setup prior on the down move here.

next picture please, or statement, where i see time and price for find in graph?

Video

This is a Camtasia file of the River that was part of a DVD created. It shows how to create and trade the River. It is a big file and I hope it will be helpful if you take the time to download it. There are references to a private website in this video and I do not want to violate any rules here. I am not trying to sell anything and the site is free.

http://www.divshare.com/download/280665-723

Big, Big file!

PowerTrader:
This is a Camtasia file of the River that was part of a DVD created. It shows how to create and trade the River. It is a big file and I hope it will be helpful if you take the time to download it. There are references to a private website in this video and I do not want to violate any rules here. I am not trying to sell anything and the site is free.

http://www.divshare.com/download/280665-723

Big, Big file!

Thanks. This not very big, but big slowly downloads

Instead of asking PowerTrader to do all of the work why don't you traders simply download the template onto MT4 and study your charts.

Well, regardless of who came up with the idea, i am interested in a visual tutorial on how to trade it and if anyone has snapshots of when they would get in and out, that would be appreciated.

As far as loading the template and studying the charts, been there and done that. I know what i can see, but i like to hear and see what others see too, that way i can verify what i am seeing and hopefully i can learn something more.

Thanx for the contributions,

GK

Your post is an excellant example of what not to do. "See what others see" will not increase your ability to see for yourself if you make a habit of doing that. Only when you teach yourself to see and stop wanting others to teach you will you then teach yourself. If you had actually "been there and done that" then you would have found out how to trade this setup because all it takes is a little bit of time to figure it out. I downloaded the template and spent a mere 20 minutes and came up with my own unique set of rules. Will I be sharing it? No, because after I saw your post it has made me think twice. The old adage "do the work and get the reward" is key. The very best teacher in the trading arena is You teaching Yourself. You can argue about it ad nauseum but it doesn't change that elementary fact like it or not.

gkozlyk:
Well, regardless of who came up with the idea, i am interested in a visual tutorial on how to trade it and if anyone has snapshots of when they would get in and out, that would be appreciated.

As far as loading the template and studying the charts, been there and done that. I know what i can see, but i like to hear and see what others see too, that way i can verify what i am seeing and hopefully i can learn something more.

Thanx for the contributions,

GK
Reason: