OneDailyTrade EA - page 13

reemul99:
more bad news: Current balalnce: $4823.00 current open positions: -$53.00

Are you using the old settings or the new settings?

New Settings are not doing too bad. They are found in post 107 found HERE

They seem to be doing much better and I would suggest only using the recommended currency pairs.

Thanks

New Version with Exciting New Features

Ok folks, I know the last couple of weeks has been pretty disappointing but at least there is some hope.

Here are the new features:

PipStep

This in essence changes this EA from OneDailyTrade to perhaps many daily trades. What it does is that if your trade moves against you XX number of pips (default: 15), it opens another trade. This could be used as a way to average down and thus get a better chance for a TP.

MaxTrade

Works in conjunction with PipStep as this allows you to dictate how many positions can be opened (default: 3).

bCheckConditionsOnPipstep

This is used in conjunction with PipStep and MaxTrades. If this is set to TRUE, it in essence then it checks to see if the conditions are still good to hold a position in the same direction.

Example: Say you went LONG (BUY) the EURUSD at 16:00 GMT with a HourRange of 14. Lets say the position went against you 15 pips and hit the pipstep 4 hours later. What this feature does is that it checks again back 14 hours from this location and sees if the EURUSD is still a BUY. If it is, then it purchases again, if it is NOT, it closes the position (at a 15 pip loss) and opens up a new SELL position. So it basically switches sides because the "trend" has now changed.

These features are untested but I am assured that they should work. Give them a try and tell me if it makes your trading more profitable.

New EA will be uploaded on Post 1 and switched with the current version.

holyguy7:
I have settled on the following currency pairs for this EA because they trend the best. Yes, this week was down slightly (less than 100 pips) but overall the last 4 weeks, profitable. TSActivation is definitely a good addition to this EA.

EURUSD, GBPUSD, USDJPY, USDCHF, EURJPY and GBPJPY

I have some suggested settings from recent backtesting optimizations:

All of these will be GMT not +3 GMT but GMT. All these are set to all five days.

I am going to run these with the following presets and one more with TSActivation -10 pips from TP with a trailingpip of 10. I might also up the TP 20 more in case of fast runs.

EURUSD H1

SL: 40

TP: 40

ZeroGMT: 16

HourRange: 14

GBPUSD H1

SL: 80

TP: 80

ZeroGMT: 11

HourRange: 4

USDCHF H1

SL: 50

TP: 50

ZeroGMT: 4

USDJPY H1

SL: 50

TP: 40

ZeroGMT: 21

HourRange: 12

EURJPY H1

SL: 60

TP: 50

ZeroGMT: 1

HourRange: 14

GBPJPY H1

SL: 80

TP: 80

ZeroGMT: 11

One more thing I want everyone in the group to think about. What about a filter (as perhaps a backup) to verify the trend? I was thinking that perhaps adding a MA verification to the EA? Maybe a MACD or Slow Scholastics? Any suggestions on this would help. What do you think about this? Perhaps it would help to stay out of bad trades?

HolyGuy,

I dont quite understand - if I'm trading with Interbank, should I set the ZeroGMT to what you have here -3 ?

.. Or leave at each of the ZeroGMT's you set in the Examples ( I trade on InterbankFX)

Thanks

reemul99:
HolyGuy,

I dont quite understand - if I'm trading with Interbank, should I set the ZeroGMT to what you have here -3 ?

.. Or leave at each of the ZeroGMT's you set in the Examples ( I trade on InterbankFX)

Thanks

I am using interbankfx and am using exactly those settings because they are all set to GMT as interbankfx is. So, if you are trading with interbankfx, then those are the optimized settings so far.

So how is the EA behaving this week?

I haven't had a chance to configure it yet and so will wait til next week (Monday) to run it.

Its the end of the week - any results on this EA ?

Are we giving up on this EA ?

-- seems that theres very little activity on the thread....

Much better week for me.

However the trailing stop does not work on my version and I have to close out manually most of the time.

Is it just me Holyguy?

Mike4x.

What about using Average True Range as a filter .

You could have it check the bar ranges on the 1 hr chart to check how the market is moving...

The EA may get trend confirmaiton but if the trens is moving in small steps the large TP will be harder to hit.

So an example would be, say the ATR is moving lower in the same hours the indicator checks for trend condition, if this is true, TP is lowered.

just an idea. I don't have a clue how to program...

Holyguy7

Is it possible for you to post all files in post #1? That would be much appreciated since I have noticed that I had other files downloaded from this thread at one time or another, but am not sure which post it came from. I currently have these files:

onedailytrade-ea-hybrid.zip << replaced by ...-presets.zip?

onedailytrade-ea-presets.zip

onedailytrade-ea-1.1b_xmod_082306.mq4

onedailytrade-ea-onedailytrade-1.3.mq4 << most curent from Post 1

Preset values from Post 107 should be used - are these the only currency pairs you are using it for nowadays based upon the number pairs initially posted?

I am not sure if some of these files are still valid for this EA....

I know that this topic about presets have been discussed so many times, but something just came to mind. We all use different brokers to backtest and forward test this EA, and basically, the price action is almost similar give or take a few PIPs whether we are 1, 2, 3 GMTs different from each other. If all presets are the same for all the different brokers, does it really make that much of a difference other than catching a good entry/exit point?

For Post 107, I presume you mean we should adjust the ZEROGMT for our broker, correct?

Reason: