My suggestion for E.A.

What happenin.

O.K. here is my idea.

Currency Pairs: GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY

Period: 4 hour time frame and and possibly use 1 hr. timeframe as entry.

Indicators: (SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED!!)

SuperTrend 3 (Overall Trend Direction) Its the thicker, more ridge line on actual chart outside of the candlesticks,

*I believe there is room for improvement on this indicator because it draws late and awkward. It was altered by a mediocre programmer and may still have bugs*

LSMA w/ Colors (Changes from intial color to yellow THEN to opposite color) or MegaTrend (Changes straight from One color to the opposite color)

(Entry & Exit Logic and Re-Entry) its the line that follows the candlesticks thru the middle, BOTH ON FIRST SCREENSHOT!!

Double Woodies C.C.I. (Faster) second indicator window,

and Double C.C.I. (Slower) third indicator window (Confirmation)

Entry logic:

Using a 1 hr. chart for entry, once SuperTrend3, and LSMA w/ Colors or MegaTrend are both same colors (lime for buy, red for sell) AND both C.C.I.'s are on same side, ENTER TRADE. Notice on screenshots that once Slower C.C.I. crosses over, its a solid trend. It'll get you in a lot earlier that using the 4 hr. chart for entry. But using 4 hr. chart gives indicators a more reliable entry.

Once in, stay in trade as long as SuperTrend 3 remains same color and Double C.C.I. stays on same side on 4 HOUR. LSMA w/ Colors or MegaTrend and Double Woodies C.C.I. w/ be changing back and forth since they are leading indicators.

Exit logic:

Once SuperTrend3 changes to opposing color AND LSMA w/ Colors or Megatrend Change afterwards on 4 hr., exit and Re-enter trade going opposite way. (Sometimes the LSMA w/ Colors or MegaTrend will change before the SuperTrend3 does. This is very rare however there would need to be a line of code in the E.A. when this does happen.)

If you check the screenshots, there is plenty of pips to be harvested. I'm doing pretty good trading it as a manual strategy on a demo, however I'm getting in moves hundreds of pips late because I can't babysit the screen. Also being impulsive and getting greedy and trying to get back in once my take profit is hit. Since I can't babysit, I don't know when its going to turn-around on me nor cut the loss short. Also, can't let winners ride. Lot of potential as an E.A.

Up 10% since 8th of March on a 5k acct on demo manual trading.

T/P:

225 pips on GBP/JPY

150 pips on EUR/JPY

(Have been very conservative.)

S/L:

150 pips on GBP/JPY

100 pips on EUR/JPY

(May need to be wider if set-up as an E.A.)

Money Management:

1.5:1 W/L ratio is what I've been using in my manual trading.

2:1 W/L ratio is a VERY realistic possibility.

Also want to use compounding strategy I saw in an E-Book. Increase acct. by 25% per 125 pips made. I will post that later because its a .pdf file and I dont know how to get that one page out without owning expensive Adobe software. $1,000 to $22,000,000 in 45 weeks starting w/ mini-account if no loss were incurred. Of course this is the real world. But very interesting nonetheless.

Looking forward to hearing feedback. Thanks in advance to all replies.

75 views and only one reply from a member who chooses to be immature in his responses. Anybody with intelligent rebuttle?

This is a bump!!!

forex_for_life:
This is a bump!!!

Seriously dude, how long have you been trading. Your chart is not impressive. Your explaination like a noob. I know this is gonna hurt, but I'm telling the truth. I wish I can help you, but seems your chart already looks complicated to me. To suggest an EA, you'll need to prove its a profitable system on the forward testing by yourself. Show us some result. If its a live statement, there will be tonnes of member like to try your system. Tell us when is the entry and exit real time, so we have a clue what is happening to the market reflected by your indicator, inorder to create a profitable EA based on your strategy. Please, no harm. I'm here to give you advice, not to conflict you. Cheers

Regards

David

Supertrend and CCI are all similar. You are using very closely correlated indicators for your entries. Maybe you don't need all of them. Take a look at the entries by progressively deleting each indicator. Less is better.

Define "impressive".

davidke20:
Seriously dude, how long have you been trading. Your chart is not impressive. Your explaination like a noob. I know this is gonna hurt, but I'm telling the truth. I wish I can help you, but seems your chart already looks complicated to me. To suggest an EA, you'll need to prove its a profitable system on the forward testing by yourself. Show us some result. If its a live statement, there will be tonnes of member like to try your system. Tell us when is the entry and exit real time, so we have a clue what is happening to the market reflected by your indicator, inorder to create a profitable EA based on your strategy. Please, no harm. I'm here to give you advice, not to conflict you. Cheers

Regards

David

Dude,

I've been trading for a year. This is a very basic and simple system. Don't need to have a complicated ultra deep system to become filthy rich. 3 things that make the best systems is:

Simplicity,

Efficiency, and

Consistency.

Truly successful traders know this to be the gospel as it relates to trading. I stated in the thread that I had successfully forward tested it on a demo and I'm up 10% on a 5k acct. over the past 2.5 weeks AND that's with getting in late and making stupid mistakes AND without compounding on a mini-acct. Did you read the whole post?

GREEN=BUY, RED=SELL. Strategies based of 4hr. charts can handle news releases and allow for a more stable trade then 1, 5, 15 minute charts. GBP/JPY and EUR/JPY tend to trend VERY well on 1 hr.+ timeframes.

No get rich quick scheme here. Moderate and steady with strict money management. 2 trades a week per pair IF THAT. Allows for a 2:1+ W/L ratio. Maybe if I had hyped up the title with something like "WE WILL ALL BE RICH IN 1 MONTH USING THIS STRATEGY AS E.A." or "HOLY GRAIL IS HERE", it would have gotten a larger response. I would never use a Martingale set-up when I know it gives me a lower probability of winning over the long haul. Its the definition of insanity. But all I continue to see is these failing E.A.'s using this money mis-management strategy. Then we wonder why 90% of traders fail. You would think by now, the masses would start to catch on to this.

There is a holy grail. Its just not what we think it would be. Does anybody know what it is? Whether you do or don't, I'm going to tell you. Its YOU!! Indicators, strategies, E.A.'s are only as good as the person using/creating them. All these ideas look good until greed fueled, impatient humans compile them. Just because it's automated doesn't mean you haven't personified it with your flawed trading approach. I'm young but have been blessed with a wisdom way beyond my years. My youth sometimes trips me up but I continue to fall forward. I'm looking for serious programmers who want to build a stable E.A. that's makes more than enough to replace their income.

Thanks again for all feedback

Maji:
Supertrend and CCI are all similar. You are using very closely correlated indicators for your entries. Maybe you don't need all of them. Take a look at the entries by progressively deleting each indicator. Less is better.

Maji,

I definitely agree w/ you when you say less is better. The reason I have them both on there is because there are times when the supertrend may remain the same color but CCI may form a few histogram bars on the opposite and come back or supertrend may whipsaw to opposing color and CCI remains on the correct side. CCI provides added confirmation. And it allows for earlier entry if I drill down to the 1hr chart.

forex_for_life:
...... I continue to see is these failing E.A.'s using this money mis-management strategy. Then we wonder why 90% of traders fail. You would think by now, the masses would start to catch on to this......

But, you did requested v12 to test it out. You know there is a way to win. Why turn around and said it was a catch? I'm a very successful MartingalER. I'm not betting on the market, but I know when to bail. The reason why people fail with martingale EA simply they dont wanto pull the plug even they know there is no chance to retrace. They just hope and pray the market will retrace a little bit and close with tiny little profit. Now this is the catch. Your second statement replied your 1st statement. The only closest holy grail is "YOU"... person who use the strategy to win the game. I can guarantee there is no holy grail. All about is greed and fear. I have to agree with you under some point. And I'm sure position trading rulez in the long run. For the moment, I'll stay out and observe if you dont mind. I've been focusing on martingale too much these days, cant get much clue on your system. Besides, I know nuts about CCI. So, let me just get more idea before I start to jump in your development. Thanks for sharing anyway. I wish you all the best and I will follow your thread tight. Cheers

Regards

David

davidke20:
But, you did requested v12 to test it out. You know there is a way to win. Why turn around and said it was a catch? I'm a very successful MartingalER. I'm not betting on the market, but I know when to bail. The reason why people fail with martingale EA simply they dont wanto pull the plug even they know there is no chance to retrace. They just hope and pray the market will retrace a little bit and close with tiny little profit. Now this is the catch. Your second statement replied your 1st statement. The only closest holy grail is "YOU"... person who use the strategy to win the game. I can guarantee there is no holy grail. All about is greed and fear. I have to agree with you under some point. And I'm sure position trading rulez in the long run. For the moment, I'll stay out and observe if you dont mind. I've been focusing on martingale too much these days, cant get much clue on your system. Besides, I know nuts about CCI. So, let me just get more idea before I start to jump in your development. Thanks for sharing anyway. I wish you all the best and I will follow your thread tight. Cheers

Regards

David

If the risk to reward ratio in your Martingale MM works for you then so be it. What I dont understand is that if you had no interest in going any further than to point out the fact that you neither personally understood my strategy, nor had any interest in trying to understand it, why did you waste both your and my time by replying? I never asked you personally to participate. Only want to deal w/ positive and succes-oriented individuals. Must be both willing and able. And you've succeed in expressing that you are not either of the two. With that said, if you aren't helping me, your hurting me. 2 extremes w/ no gray area.

How you feel about the holy grail is your perspective. There are traders out there who have never sustained a loss. Just look in the Market Wizards book. They themselves are the "Holy Grail" as are the traders that fail. Most just don't realize it. Not trying to be perfect or flawless. Just put the odds in my favor.

Please keep all destructive critiscm to yourself. Judging from past post I've read where you've given input, it seems you have a reputation for sparking confrontation and keeping a steady supply of fuel on the fire. Good luck with your Martingale-ing and effective communicating.

forex_for_life:
If the risk to reward ratio in your Martingale MM works for you then so be it. What I dont understand is that if you had no interest in going any further than to point out the fact that you neither personally understood my strategy, nor had any interest in trying to understand it, why did you waste both your and my time by replying? I never asked you personally to participate. Only want to deal w/ positive and succes-oriented individuals. Must be both willing and able. And you've succeed in expressing that you are not either of the two. With that said, if you aren't helping me, your hurting me. 2 extremes w/ no gray area.

How you feel about the holy grail is your perspective. There are traders out there who have never sustained a loss. Just look in the Market Wizards book. They themselves are the "Holy Grail" as are the traders that fail. Most just don't realize it. Not trying to be perfect or flawless. Just put the odds in my favor.

Please keep all destructive critiscm to yourself. Judging from past post I've read where you've given input, it seems you have a reputation for sparking confrontation and keeping a steady supply of fuel on the fire. Good luck with your Martingale-ing and effective communicating.

Why turn up to become like this? Am I saying something wrong? If I did, I would like to send you an appology. Yes, I dont understand your method, because I dont know CCI, so why cant I sit on the fence and start learning it? Martingale has its success is another issue. I just querious why you have to attack martingale? No matter what, are you' gonna take me as a noob on CCI to continue educate me. I just wanna know more about your system. May be I got myself misunderstand, English is not my native language. I hope my expression not hurting you. I'm not here to waste anybody time. Please accept my appology and allow me to continue learn from your thread now. I'll start contribute once I got things figured out.

Regards

David

forex_for_life:
...Please keep all destructive critiscm to yourself. Judging from past post I've read where you've given input, it seems you have a reputation for sparking confrontation and keeping a steady supply of fuel on the fire. Good luck with your Martingale-ing and effective communicating....

Well, I mean no harm on that. I know my communication skill sucks. I have no bad heart though

Regards

David

Reason: