JLPi Grid EA - page 7

The EA places orders at regular intervals and take profits when the next interval is reached.

If there is a clear long term trend (according to MA and ADX) it will open orders only in the same way the trend is going.

if there is no clear trend it will open both buy and sell orders trying to benefit on both ways in a ranging market.

To avoid to keep some loosing orders forever, we close all open orders when a certain percentage of profits is reached.

They are the main concepts for this EA.

Hi, jlpy! I'm testing your system since 21 March on 4 majors, looks great , I'll post the statement later. Is it possible to implement the option into the EA so that all opened orders are closed when s certain percentage of profit is reached?

Regards

Trader83:
Hi, jlpy! I'm testing your system since 21 March on 4 majors, looks great , I'll post the statement later. Is it possible to implement the option into the EA so that all opened orders are closed when s certain percentage of profit is reached? Regards

Do you mean for all pairs at the same time, because it already exists pair by pair.

Probably it is feasible using a global variable that will be shared by the different instances of the EA. I have to look more deeply into it.

I have checked and the difficulty is not to close all orders but to be sure that all instances of the EA restart their grid.

Because currently it is easy for the EA that closes the trades to restart his grid but even with a GlobalVariable it is diffcult to make each instance restart its own grid if we don't know the number of EAs running.

Anybody has an idea?

If the grid is not restarted it will keep the same parameters like intervaland trend direction. So maybe it is not such a problem.

What do you think Trader83? Is it worth to close everything if all grids are not restarted?

jlpi, I think that the grids of different pairs should be restarted at the same time, unfortunately, I do not have any skills in programming...

Regards

I think that I could manage it if I add 2 parameters: the total number of instances of the EA and the number of the current instance.

But I will take some time to think more about it...

Just to clarify, this EA does have some sort of Sl correct? Unlimited SL.

So far it looks to me like it just keeps the trade open until it goes in profit. So right now my starting $500 is up to $750 but my float is $570 so really I won't make any money when my broker closes my trades when I go into a negative balance and my account is wiped out which it pretty much is wiped out because I wouldn't be able to take out the $250 profit if my margin is all used up in losing trades.

Thanks

Trader 83, this is what you need just run this on a separate chart and you can set it close all open positions at the amount of pips you specifiy.

pooper scoopers:
Trader 83, this is what you need just run this on a separate chart and you can set it close all open positions at the amount of pips you specifiy.

Doesn't seem to be closing trade. Get errors;

2007.04.12 01:24:12 MultiPositionExpert_v1_1_[1].1 USDCHF,M30: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

2007.04.12 01:27:17 MultiPositionExpert_v1_1_[1].1 USDCHF,M30: SELL: OrderClose failed with error #4105

2007.04.12 01:27:37 MultiPositionExpert_v1_1_[1].1 USDCHF,M30: BUY: OrderClose failed with error #4051

2007.04.12 01:27:50 MultiPositionExpert_v1_1_[1].1 USDCHF,M30: Ticket=0

Did I do something wrong? Looks like the EA closed off all trades I had, even though I just applied your EA to one chart ??

EDIT: Yeah, looks like it closed off all trades;

2007.04.12 01:29:27 MultiPositionExpert_v1_1_[1].1 USDCHF,M30: close #30185039 buy 0.01 USDJPY at 118.71 tp: 119.59 at price 119.40

It's on chart USDCHF and closed USDJPY. Does it matter what chart it's on? it just needs to be active on any chart to monitor any currency?

What does each of the settings do?

matrixebiz:
Just to clarify, this EA does have some sort of Sl correct? Unlimited SL.

So far it looks to me like it just keeps the trade open until it goes in profit. So right now my starting $500 is up to $750 but my float is $570 so really I won't make any money when my broker closes my trades when I go into a negative balance and my account is wiped out which it pretty much is wiped out because I wouldn't be able to take out the $250 profit if my margin is all used up in losing trades.

Thanks

If your float is $570 you can consider that your current profit is $70. So I think it is pretty good as it makes 14% profit. How long have you been running it ? 2 weeks? So at least 1% per day, I would say that it looks great.

jlpi:
If your float is $570 you can consider that your current profit is $70. So I think it is pretty good as it makes 14% profit. How long have you been running it ? 2 weeks? So at least 1% per day, I would say that it looks great.

Sorry, not sure of the terminology but what I meant was my actives trades were -$570 so the $250 extra in my balance ($750) would be voided by the -$570 in trades. My broker wouldn't let me take out the $250 profit if I owe then $570, correct? I thought the money that is being used in trades is called my float.

matrixebiz:
Sorry, not sure of the terminology but what I meant was my actives trades were -$570 so the $250 extra in my balance ($750) would be voided by the -$570 in trades. My broker wouldn't let me take out the $250 profit if I owe then $570, correct? I thought the money that is being used in trades is called my float.

Ok it is my mistake, it was just because the minus sign was missing in the original post that I misunderstood it.

From the values you give I think that your risk value is far too high. How much it is? What lot size do you have?

trader83, would you mind posting your statement in order to compare. Thanks

Reason: