Momentum indicator - page 24

Edit: for anyone else finding this thread the answer was there I just didn't realise, change 0.001 to 0.0001 and minus field as well. In other words the upper and lower levels are not the ones you see in the indi window rhs but levels the indi works to.

Great Mr Tools, it works a treat :-)

orig message

<<Thank you Mr Tools, that looks just the job :-)

Is it possible for me to adjust the amber area i.e where the indicator paints amber setting. My level line is set at 0 (50% of 00.1 and -00.1) but the indi gives me a amber even when it probably should be cleared/green.

Pic attached to explain, the momentum indicator which i overlayed your bar one onto for reference, shows the momentum never went below midway 0 level but I get a lot of ambers

many thanks again>>

Files:

mladen:
Here is one more (not a momentum though) - this is regularized EMA upgraded and made user friendly : Regularized ema.mq4

Wow, mladen, that`s a nice one !

magine it has message alert when the color changes, combined with the way "hull averagex 2 - ver 1_1 mtf" works, which

shows a slow and a fast hma at the same time and when colors get the same you get an arrow and a alert....

Here it would be better to have two ema, say ema 13 from H4 and ema 13 from H1 in ONE indicator to get alert when they cross, say in M15 or M30 Chart.

For the cross it would work the way "hull cross arrows+alerts" works,

which shows an arrow and alert when lines are crossing....Uuuh yeaah, that would be a picture....

But it is all imagination....or can it be done? I don`t know, What do you think mladen ?

Best

wolf300:

Wow, mladen, that`s a nice one !

magine it has message alert when the color changes, combined with the way "hull averagex 2 - ver 1_1 mtf" works, which

shows a slow and a fast hma at the same time and when colors get the same you get an arrow and a alert....

Here it would be better to have two ema, say ema 13 from H4 and ema 13 from H1 in ONE indicator to get alert when they cross, say in M15 or M30 Chart.

For the cross it would work the way "hull cross arrows+alerts" works,

which shows an arrow and alert when lines are crossing....Uuuh yeaah, that would be a picture....

But it is all imagination....or can it be done? I don`t know, What do you think mladen ?

Best

wolf300

It is a multi time frame indicator already.

If I understand you correctly, you want alerts with it. Am I correct?

PS: combining two momentum indicators would not work (those are not averages, but momentum indicators, regardless of the ema in their name)

mladen:

wolf300

It is a multi time frame indicator already.

If I understand you correctly, you want alerts with it. Am I correct?

PS: combining two momentum indicators would not work (those are not averages, but momentum indicators, regardless of the ema in their name)

Hey mladen, how are you today,

Yes it is a mtf already and it would be nice to have a message alert,

but my idea is far beyond standard-requests. As you said in the post where you showed the regularized ema, "not a momentum though" I thought it could be possible to combine it like in the "hull average x 2" indicator and in "hull cross arrows" to get two lines from one indi. But what would be realy unusual: All this with two different tf settings in one indi.

I try to make a pic

Regards

wolf300:

but my idea is far beyond standard-requests. As you said in the post where you showed the regularized ema, "not a momentum though" I thought it could be possible to combine it like in the "hull average x 2" indicator and in "hull cross arrows" to get two lines from one indi. But what would be realy unusual: All this with two different tf settings in one indi.

I try to make a pic

Regards

but this is just an idea. A message alert would be fine though.

wolf300:

I try to make a pic

Regards

wolf300

Due to the nature of multi time framing, any cross between two different time frame values (and I mean any, not just that indicator) is doomed to repaint. I am afraid that it simply would not work reliably as any kind of signal

mladen:

wolf300

Due to the nature of multi time framing, any cross between two different time frame values (and I mean any, not just that indicator) is doomed to repaint. I am afraid that it simply would not work reliably as any kind of signal

Yes, I understand.

But could you please add message alert to regularized ema, that would be nice.

And could you please have a look on this ema cross indi?

To make the distance of the arrows like 8 or 10 pips from the candles high/low. And, if possible, alert on the "still open" candle.

That would be great! Thanks a lot.

Regards

sma_crossover_justin_alert.mq4

wolf300:

Yes, I understand.

To make the distance of the arrows like 8 or 10 pips from the candles high/low. And, if possible, alert on the "still open" candle.

Regards

wolf300

Here is a version of regularized ema with alerts added to it (and some upgrades) : regularized_ema__alerts.mq4

Files:

mladen:

wolf300

Here is a version of regularized ema with alerts added to it (and some upgrades) : regularized_ema__alerts.mq4

Hi mladen,

thank you so much for developing this kind of ema and making it very userfriendly !!

wolf300:

Yes, I understand.

Regards

The issue with this little but interesting coded SMA Crossover Justin (I like it and will not looking for another) is that arrows do not appear right after the close of the candle (that would be good enough).

It shows arrows often just before the close of the next candle.

Arrows covering highs and lows of the candle, which makes it not easy to draw lines . 8 to 10 pips away would be much better.

Maybe you can have a look,

Thank you.

Reason: