Momentum indicator - page 9

winner246:
HELLO MRTOOLS,

THANKS for the indicator posted.

However the indicator is NOT showing on some pairs like AUD/USD, and setting the levels is a bit confusing.

Please if you dont mind Sir, can you please create a fresh version using the LEVELS THAT SHOW ON THE DATA WINDOW instead.

MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Winner246, its working for me on AudUsd, using a level of .001 for it and got this, also the same for EurUsd. Might check here Momentum (technical analysis) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia for how momentum is calculated.

HELLO MRTOOLS,

THANKS for the new version,it works okay now.

mladen:
Been fooling around with momentum and it seems that using atr for normalization is giving some interesting results (it can, in some case, signal an overbought and oversold conditions, which the original *non-normalized) momentum can not)

Hi mladen,

Your atr normalized momentum is a great idea. Can you please create a non lag smoothed version of it (maybe using velocity?)

Thanks

tradewiser:
Hi mladen,

Your atr normalized momentum is a great idea. Can you please create a non lag smoothed version of it (maybe using velocity?)

Thanks

tradewiser

This is a version that uses non lag ma for smoothing

mladen:
tradewiser This is a version that uses non lag ma for smoothing

That's excellent. Thanks so much.

Updated Normalized on lag ma smoothed atr momentum : momentum_-_atr_normalized_-_nl_smoothed_nmc.mq4

Mladen, this (the regularized momentum indicator) is another of your indicators that is really mind blowing (along with the ROC of T6 and the T3 Stochastic) truly exceptional. But like the ROC unfortunately without slope color change on them they will mislead often at critical points which leaves only the T3 stochastic as the only "all weather fighter" in the group. Such a huge pity because as visual cues they then become redundant a lot of the times for this basic drawback.

Darkdoji:
Mladen, this (the regularized momentum indicator) is another of your indicators that is really mind blowing (along with the ROC of T6 and the T3 Stochastic) truly exceptional. But like the ROC unfortunately without slope color change on them they will mislead often at critical points which leaves only the T3 stochastic as the only "all weather fighter" in the group. Such a huge pity because as visual cues they then become redundant a lot of the times for this basic drawback.

Darkdoji

According to Chris Satchwell regularized momentum should be used on zero line cross changes if used for signaling and that is why it was made like it was posted : that is the way how it was originally described

mladen:
Darkdoji According to Chris Satchwell regularized momentum should be used on zero line cross changes if used for signaling and that is why it was made like it was posted : that is the way how it was originally described

Well you are the genius and I am just a trader and I am in no position to criticize your work and I have not. I have too much respect for what you do and how you do it. But if I were to show you some of my templates you would be amazed how adept I am at modeling the market to resolve those grey areas that indicators do not resolve. It is a trading thing you know? Sometimes the need is just for visual confirmation and blend with the cohort of signals one reads to reach a decision. Were you to put color on that marvelous implementation of yours as well as the ROC you would be hero to a whole range of people I am sure. You already my hero as I use basically only your tools to work. Cheers

btw: Mladen, Sir the indicators to which I refer are the ROC of T6 and Momentum - ATR normalized - nl smoothed - nmc

Great implementations (the best) and of course one employs your TMA (both centered and regular for the way they emulate sine waves) and your Aroon (not the oscillator the indicator). It is (the Aroon) almost predictive if you read time frames from right to left for pivots and from left to right for the flow. Anyway this site and you defined my abilities which I assure you are profound in reading and trading the markets. Thanks and all the best.

Reason: