Fibonacci Indicator or script

Hello,

Has anyone seen an indicator or script for Metatrader4 that works like the fibonacci tools from the chart platform Fibonacci Trader. For anyone that uses fib levels and have demoed fibonacci trader know how nice the tools are in that platform.

1. It allows you to delete one or more lines and not all the lines.

2.It allows you to set different color lines for different fib levels.

Anyone interested in seeing the fibs work can look at these videos from this site that uses them. http://www.mjbraun.net/

Carl

Thx newdigital,

I appreciate the links but that's not what I'm trying to find. If you look at any of the videos from the site I posted you can see how Fibonacci Trader platform has its fib tools setup. It is very nice and convenient for deleting only 1 or 2 lines out of the whole fib level. It also makes it where you can change any of the line colors independent of the overall fib levels. In the fib tools of MT4 any line you delete that profile is then saved to the fib tool and is missing the next time. Too much modifications that are hard and cumbersum. Looking for a better tool.

Traden4x

Zig Zag

Has any one seen a Zig Zag indicator the changes color when a previous high or low is broken? It is seen in the attached pic. Also know of a MTF zig zag that will plot a line from another time frame?

traden

Files:
zig_zag.png  15 kb

everything about zigzag:

- indicators, EAs, coding etc is here,

- GoldWarrior EA (Zigzag Trading System) is here,

- ZigZag Channels is here.

- NonLagZigZag indicators is here.

- ZigZag Percent indicator: fixed indicator, explanation about here and here.

- Channel trading system with zigzag indicator is here.

- ZUP indicator: Zup v46 indicator with the instruction about how to use in English and Russian language.

Your colored zigzag is more related to this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172904/page2

Files:
zigzag1.gif  31 kb
zigzag2.gif  27 kb
zigzag3.gif  26 kb
zigzag4.gif  24 kb
zigzag5.gif  23 kb

I'm looking for a colored retracement script, really hard to find it seems.

Fibonacci Time & Price Analysis

traden4x:
Hello,

Has anyone seen an indicator or script for Metatrader4 that works like the fibonacci tools from the chart platform Fibonacci Trader. For anyone that uses fib levels and have demoed fibonacci trader know how nice the tools are in that platform.

1. It allows you to delete one or more lines and not all the lines.

2.It allows you to set different color lines for different fib levels.

Anyone interested in seeing the fibs work can look at these videos from this site that uses them. Mark Braun - Market Geometry

Carl

Hello Traden4x,

Fibonacci analysis whether on time or price is a very near and dear subject to my heart. I employ Fibonnaci price analysis on daily basis and have developed a proprietery indicator that I use that helps me pre-determine the best support and resistance levels in advance at day open.

You can certainly do the same by apply Fibonacci price analysis such as retracements, extensions, expansions and alterantes to the most recent minor and major price swings and look for confluence of S/R levels. These confluence levels are a good potential turning point areas.

Similary, you can apply Fibonacci time analysis such as those mentioned above except you will be doing so measuring Peak to Peak or Trough to Trough in opposite to Peak to Trough as done in price analysis.

I hope this helps you in using Fibonacci analysis while you are searching for your indicator.

Cheers,

Fibonacci Color Lines Tool

I've seen a few people looking for a Fibo script to change individual line colors or remove individual lines without the entire thing vanishing.

I've been working on a script over the past few weeks and it's almost complete that does just that.

Look up the thread: "Auto Fibonacci Indicator" where I'll be posting the script as soon as I am done.

Cheers.

Is it possible to have more than 32 Fibonacci levels ?

Hi experts,

MQL4 Documentation

The link above clearly stated that "The maximum amount of Fibonacci levels is 32."

May I know why is it capped at 32 levels max ?

And Is there any way to go beyond 32 levels ? A custom indicator perhaps ?

Please advise

Thanks !

dav7:
Hi experts,

MQL4 Documentation

The link above clearly stated that "The maximum amount of Fibonacci levels is 32."

Please advise

Thanks !

You have to use a custom Fibonacci indicator. You can not add more levels to built in metatrader objects

dav7:
Hi experts,

MQL4 Documentation

Please advise

Thanks !

Hi Dav,

There are two ways that I know of to use more than 32 levels:

1. Make a script that switches between the levels. (i.e. The script can use a "true" or "false" state to switch between one set of levels for another. I had to do this eventually and split it into "standard" and "extended" levels that were outside 3.618.)

2. Make a script that manually calculates the levels and makes your own lines. You can divide the script into a section that will manually calculate all the levels. Once that's done you make another section that draws each line and multiply it by the calculation to have the script draw where that line is. It's much more work to do it this way but you can get custom lines (i.e. you can have some lines as dashed lines, or solid, etc...).

Reason: