Questions: to start with MetaTrader and forex - page 24

I have tried to find the location if the default tools folder within MT4. I have searched the net, several platforms and several MT4 only forums but have not found the location. I want to have a second copy of Fib retracements with different settings so that i can save time diring charting. Does anyone know where it is located and if I can make a copy and rename it?

thanks

da-net:
I have tried to find the location if the default tools folder within MT4. I have searched the net, several platforms and several MT4 only forums but have not found the location. I want to have a second copy of Fib retracements with different settings so that i can save time diring charting. Does anyone know where it is located and if I can make a copy and rename it? thanks

Default tools are harcoded on the soft.

Working on different tools of trading is not easy for every trader. It requires lots of knowledge and practice to use them. After practicing for 6 months, I could only learn about stop loss and margin trading. When I started trading this market slowly, I learned about other tools.

metatrader standard toolbar disappear ,walk in to see how to fix it

do your metatrader standard toolbar disappear everytime when u start it?

please pressF11 to fix it !!!

recently, i reinstall metatrader because of the standard toolbar disappear (see ask.jpg), i suppose it is the program problem , however i find out the problem occur because i have press F11 unconsciously~ ~

however the biggest problem is

I haven't backup the fxt, hst filewhich in the "Program Files" , before uninstall !!!

i have use metatrader for 2 years, there are lots of precious fxt , hst files~ ~

recently ,i need these data,( half year (better 1 year) every tick/1 minutes historical data )~ ~

Files:
ask.jpg  77 kb

Backup your fxt, hst file before reinstall/Remove

I suggest that everyone

Backup your fxt, hst file before you reinstall/Remove

It is a Good habit to enhaced your EA performance~ ~ (To have longer time to backtest)

metatrader 4 manual?

I know absolutly nothing about metatrader 4 and have seen a manual on it but it takes the position that you know about trading to begin with. Is there an absolut newbies manual out there that explaines like lets say on the market watch you have your pairs and on some of them the numbers are in red and some the numbers are in green. Does this mean that the red is in a down trend and the green is in a up trend? What is the best way to trade on both a up and down trend? Little things like this that can be hard to understand for the untrained.

thanks

MT4 is only useful if you know the basics of Forex. You need the basics first. There is a plethora of sites for this. One place to start is babypips.com. They have allot of educational basics.

Hi GP1953,

Start from this thread (first post): https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178706

how do i know if a currency pair is over bought or over sold using the 4hour chart

pls i will like to know how to determine if a currency pair is over bought or over sold using the 4hour chart/daily chart or rather if a currency pair is in the overbought or oversold teritory.

Reason: