What method to filter out Sideways market?

What method/system/indicator/ ETC.. to use on MT4 to filter out sideways ranging markets?

I know about using multiple MA's and when they are tangled...which is O.K. but just wondering if there are other ideas.

THANKS!

We have some more threads on the forum:

- Need an Indicator That Isolates SIDEWAYS Market.

- filters.

Some more:

- Woodie's choppy zone indicator. Something about one indicator.

- SuperWoodieCCI.

Indicators, trading systems, descriptions, instructions/manuals, wcci patterns and how to trade and so on. Very good thread.

- Jurik Woodie CCI.

- CCI Filter.

Market condition.

Two the best one:

- how to estimate and predict the market conditions (choppy, trend etc): the post with many links.

Ichimoku chart/system with forecasting possibility:

- thread (with explanation, market condition estimation and forecasting) is here and here,

- some template is here,

- indicators are here,

- MTF Ichimoku indicators is here,

- new Ichimoku indicators are here and here (thanks fxbs).

What do you consider a ranging market? Like last time, the GBPUSD was range bound between 30-50 PIPs, is this also considered a sideways market?

I am using Ichimoku for H4/D1 timeframes together with CMO, AbsoluteStrange and two MaksiGen indicators (one is for trend lines and the other one is for possible stop orders breakout). I am doing it in the morning just to understand to trade or not to trade. It is enogh in most cases.

To estimate the market during a day i am using M5 chart with VQ (H1 settings), MTF_AbsoluteStrenght (H1 settings attached for M5 chart), PriceTender or PriceTrend (sorry, don't remember the name - some indicator with 3 lines in separate window), some signal indicator (anyone), sometimes standard Stochastic with 14,5,5 and with 50,5,5 and some other settings.

Besides, i am using standard MACD indicator.

But it is during a day only.

Because I am not looking for MetaTrader at 24/7. I am looking on the forum more. And if I don't want to miss the signals so I need to estimate the market condition (just to understand when I need to open Metatrader and for how long).

I am estimating ranging or flat and so on market condition on H4 and H1 timeframes: H1/D1 is directly openning H4/D1 chart and H1 - using MTF indicators on M5 chart.

Look at the image. It is the chart which I see every morning. It is everything there: breakout levels (dotted bue/red lines), support/resistance lines, trend and so on. Everything. So it is enough in most cases to understand to trade today or not.

Files:

WOW,

all The INFO I can handle

good Job

skorcht:
What method/system/indicator/ ETC.. to use on MT4 to filter out sideways ranging markets?

I know about using multiple MA's and when they are tangled...which is O.K. but just wondering if there are other ideas.

THANKS!

take this file it works 100%, don't trade when you are under then green line only trade when you are above the green line

Hi

MiniMe:
take this file it works 100%, don't trade when you are under then green line only trade when you are above the green line

Can you pls pass that indicator to me which filters sideways market. I cud not see the one on your post.

Thanx,

smashliberty@yahoo.com

Reason: