Best method to identify trend in forex

Hi guys, I just start a trading discussion about what the best method to identify trend. We know there are three type of trend:

1. Up Trend     2. Down Trend     3. Sideway.

How we identify Trend?

Thanks in Advanced. 

advali82:

Hi guys, I just start a trading discussion about what the best method to identify trend. We know there are three type of trend:

How we identify Trend?

Thanks in Advanced. 

If you want to start a discussion, maybe it would be better to give your method or idea.

The easy way is use , pattern , sr, zz, and couple of news .

Chart Patterns are the best to identify trends. Not the candlestick patterns.

advali82:

How we identify Trend?

Thanks in Advanced. 

This article should be interesting for you.

advali82:

How we identify Trend?

Thanks in Advanced. 

You can rely on these technical indicators to achieve your goal, Several Ways of Finding a Trend in MQL5

angevoyageur:
If you want to start a discussion, maybe it would be better to give your method or idea.

My best strategy to trade the trend is Ichimoku.That's a good way to determine the direction of the market.

I'm working with and it gives good opportunities.

yup ... may be these will help 
Files:
2.png  42 kb

Indentifying the trend depends on the analyzed timeframe,

for the D1 timeframe the 200 EMA can be used:

• if the 200 EMA slope is up and the price action is on the upper side of the EMA => uptrend
  • if the 200 EMA slope is down and the price action is on the lower side of the EMA => downtrend

I mention the daily chart because it shows the important trend,

on lower timeframes you could take as a trend what is only a correction of the trend on the daily.

Here is the sparing partner if looking for MA when it tranding the price will push out from the ribbon , the ribbon color reprecent the s & r and the price it self has it own s & r .

When price get loomed in side the ribbon get out soon or dont get in to the muddy water . test it at 4 h see if can be identify , not that hard to look how it work and where it goes . 

Each time frame has it own nuace and caracter be be learn , as far as it goes , thats never been any beter indicator more then price it self .

Candlestickis theonly way that can be easy read pattren , tf loweer better the sl will be muh smaller unless the account has better breeding , in with a reason out with a reason ...

scalper need lots of stamina ,  day trader need alots of thinking , possition trader even worse of stamina draining , unless ( dont mind miss or hit ) got some farm to bet .

Files:
303.tpl  7 kb
303.png  96 kb

There is the thread about it with some indicators and so on - Market Condition Evaluation :

1. Trend following

1.1. Primary trend
- Uptrend (bullish)
- Downtrend (bearish)

1.2. Secondary trend.
- Correction
- Bear Market Rally
- Flat (non-trading)
- Ranging 

2. Overbough/oversold ('top-and-bottom')

3. Breakout

Reason: