TrendMeLeaveMe - page 4

Thank you.

I will try this EA tonight.

I finally got it to work (original version) but still not sure what will be the best settings to trade.

MrPip:
Here is a new version of this ea.

I made the following changes.

v3 ; Modified by Robert to place trade at break of trend line

by price where stop order would be placed

Added Magic Number calculation based on Base value plus

Chart time frame and Symbol used in formula

In other words instead of using a stop order the ea will now place a market order when the price reaches the point where the stop order would have placed the trade.

Calculated Magic Number will now allow testing on any pair and timeframe.

If a comment appears that say Unexpected Symbol the EA will still place trades. The symbol is just not in the list of 18 pairs being checked.

I have not tested. That is for the group to do.

Robert

Perky:
this looks fun! I love it i was thinking of using it to trade SHI channels - to trade back into the channel at the boundries but the shi channel seems to change its line names depending on the slope of the channel causing buys when it should sell and sells when it should buy

I think ive worked it out

Posted here

to backtest I think it will only work on Visible backtest with this attached ind loaded and

buy needs to be set to TL2

sell needs to be set to TL1

Perky:
I think ive worked it out

Posted here

to backtest I think it will only work on Visible backtest with this attached ind loaded and

buy needs to be set to TL2

sell needs to be set to TL1

Long time no see Perky, hope all is well

Hi:

EA is placing an order continuesly all night long.

But, there is a problem still with this EA.

SL and TP is not matched as EA settings when EA place an order.

Can anyone tell what is wrong?

I also set SL to 0 and no matter what I set it, EA puts it's own # of SL and TP.

fx4_ever:
Thank you.

I will try this EA tonight.

I finally got it to work (original version) but still not sure what will be the best settings to trade.
Files:

MrPip:
Here is a new version of this ea.

I made the following changes.

v3 ; Modified by Robert to place trade at break of trend line

by price where stop order would be placed

Added Magic Number calculation based on Base value plus

Chart time frame and Symbol used in formula

In other words instead of using a stop order the ea will now place a market order when the price reaches the point where the stop order would have placed the trade.

Calculated Magic Number will now allow testing on any pair and timeframe.

If a comment appears that say Unexpected Symbol the EA will still place trades. The symbol is just not in the list of 18 pairs being checked.

I have not tested. That is for the group to do.

Robert

Hi Mr. Pip

Look this

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=11566

Can you add options for pyramiding to trend?

Candle Breakout

Hello! Everyone,

Can I request the TrendmeLeaveme3 expert to be made to a Candle stick breakout method.

So that it places the high and low of last candle as buy and sell points, and makes market order when price of the current candle breaks the previous high or low.

Take profit and SL is set by user. Should be usable in all time frames.

Thank you.

Candle Breakout

I mean every candle breaks previous candles high or low.

So, if the expert places a trade when previous candels high or low is broken, then there is an oportunity to capture a few pips for every candle.

The Expert must do an OCO (one cancels other type position).This will help.

Thank you

Fx-Hedger.

Grid?

FX-Hedger:
I mean every candle breaks previous candles high or low.

So, if the expert places a trade when previous candels high or low is broken, then there is an oportunity to capture a few pips for every candle.

The Expert must do an OCO (one cancels other type position).This will help.

Thank you

Fx-Hedger.

Wouldn't this option be the same as the Grid Trader EA.

On what TF are you thinking.

Correct me here but would this kill your account in sideways markets. Having a look at the early morning price movement on EUR/USD today on the 30min TF.

Candle Breakout

I don't remember how the 'Grid Trader' works.

Since this EA can be made with user adjustable Stop Loos and Lot size. I don't see why you could loose your account? May beif it was a mini account. But I don't think it would affect a standard 25K account. But we'll see in live testing. I would probabaly try it in an hourly or bigger time frame.

Fx-Hedger.

thesource:
Wouldn't this option be the same as the Grid Trader EA.

On what TF are you thinking.

Correct me here but would this kill your account in sideways markets. Having a look at the early morning price movement on EUR/USD today on the 30min TF.

putting it all together

Thank you MiniMe for bringing TrendMeLeaveMe by Waddah Attar [TMLM EA] to our lives... Thank you Ibin Fernas for the translation... and THANK YOU Barnix for Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1 [03-06-2007 #17]... and MrPip for V3... and thank you ALL for sharing... I am only learning how to use MT4 and... discovering your discussion and these indicators/EAs is for me like a revelation... it's amazing to see all this working and moving on my MT4 chart [mig]...

May I suggest to all, for this discussion, to stay with TrendMeLeaveMe, Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1, e-Trailing EA and SHI Channel... this way this discussion can be focused... introduction of any other EAs/indicators/concepts... will only dilute the content and eventually all will desapear...

So the way I understand, in order of priority, trading a pair, we have:

[1] on first chart:

- Ind-TD-DeMark-3-1_eng.mq4 or...

- Ind_TD_DeMark_3_1_LA_Mod_03B_AIME.mq4

- it must be on the chart before TMLM V3 can be put on [MrPip]

- DeMark [Tom DeMark] can be used as a stand alone manual trading indicastor

- adding TMLM V3 EA will allow autotrade

[2] on second chart:

- e-Trailing.mq4

- SHI_Channel_true_fixed.mq4 [Perky]

As I said, I am new to EAs/Indicators... and still just a demo trader... and not very good at this... *smile*... my mind is not putting the [1] and [2] togheter very well...

Could you please let me know... can the MT4 system execute the [1] & [2] at the same time... for the same time frame... the same pair...? or... the [1] and [2] can not work at the same time... for the same order...?

And... is the [1] and [2] corrrect...? or maybe there should be a different combination... should we concentrate only on [1]... or only on [2]... or on [1] and [2]...

I will post my [1] and [2] screens shortly...

Thanks for your comments...

Reason: