XO_Method REVISED - page 13

Updated Template.......

Due to some "discrepancies" with the entries and the position of the Stochastic, I have changed the set-up slightly.

I know that "less is more", but in this instance I have found this addition to be beneficial, especially when your trade has run significantly and you are not sure where to exit.

Let me know if there are any questions and/or suggestions.

Best wishes.

Files:
tsd-forum.tpl  111 kb

I give up.

I can't see the change in the new template.

ValeoFX:
When you load the indicator, you will be asked for the inputs such as TF, etc. The "In_Window" is defaulted as 3. In this case just change it to window 1 and you should see the RSI figure displayed. I attach an example for you.

Let me know whether you managed to get it to work. It is actually very simple.

Best wishes.

WONDERFUL! It works very well! Thank you!

Poocher:
I give up. I can't see the change in the new template.

In the new template, the 13/4/8 Stochastic is set to run in the front and the 5/3/3 in the background. BUT you will soon see the value of that during entries.

The 13/4/8 tells you the "bigger picture" while the "randy" little 5/3/3 makes all his visits on the way. Due to his excuberance, he may take you into retracements you do not want to be associated with.

Best wishes.

ValeoFX:
In the new template, the 13/4/8 Stochastic is set to run in the front and the 5/3/3 in the background. BUT you will soon see the value of that during entries.

The 13/4/8 tells you the "bigger picture" while the "randy" little 5/3/3 makes all his visits on the way. Due to his excuberance, he may take you into retracements you do not want to be associated with.

Best wishes.

Great explaination!

I'll look for the bigger picture.

Dear Valeo,

You talk about a new 5 tf xo ?

What's up ?

Thanks

Big Joe:
Dear Valeo,

You talk about a new 5 tf xo ?

What's up ?

Thanks

Hi Joe, by now you should know that I only post when I have a contribution to make and I am not sure that it is the correct one as yet. Regret the delay, but ultimately it is you who stands to benefit.

Enjoy your weekend ahead.

Best wishes to all.

Thanks for the answer,

I understand perfectly

Take your time.

Thanks again !

New XO-5 oscillator.........

Here is the XO-5 requested by BigJoe. Reason why is that it will replace one oscillator and therefore fewer windows below the candles.

Secondly, I am convinced that it works as well as the 4TF_XO in generating signals as I have been trading it live as mentioned.

For your consideration however, I feel that we cannot wait for the H4 or 60M-charts to close before trading if everything else is in agreement. Therefore, the KirPER settings are slightly different to what I proposed earlier, but it seems to generate better "quality" signals. On this XO-5 the TFs are obviously from 5M to 240M and the KirPERs are therefore 6.5 / 6.5 / 6.5 / 4.5 / 4.5 where the last 2 represent the H1 and H4 TFs.

I want you to know that I have only changed my settings over the weekend and have therefore no real-time data other then this morning's trade where I banked +20 pips using the new settings.

I will understand if you feel it to be "risky", but bear in mind that I have used the KirPER settings of 4,5 for 12 months on the H1 and H4-charts before I changed it to 6.5 which is a better setting if you trade on the H1 chart or H4 chart for that matter.

I am NOT including a new Template here as many of you may want to try out the XO_5 first, but the Oscillator is attached with thanks to my friend Gerhard (DayTrader)

Your comments and real-time results will be much appreciated. I will also post my 60M-chart in a while today.

Best wishes.

Files:
xo_5.mq4  6 kb

thanks valeofx,great job.

Reason: