XO_Method REVISED - page 7

GBP/USD entries .............

Let me first post the entries and then I will comment on it after you had a look at them.

Regards.

On the first gif I see a that there was a buy 9 bars back. Is that correct?

Second gif are the trade not 1 bar too fast? It should be on next bar open?

What are the stars on the Trend CCI? The blue boxes on the Trend CCI how do you get them? I like them

When you show the trades, will it be on close of that bar?

Exiting

ValeoFX:
Let me first post the entries and then I will comment on it after you had a look at them. Regards.

To me the entries seem to be more or less easy, it's the exits that I'm having difficulty with. If I wait for the XO bar to go 2 levels in the opposite direction or wait for price to close above/below the 25-EMA, I often b/e or even lose a few pips. If I try to take profit too early of course (such as by exiting when I get 2 consecutive XO bars just one level in the opposite direction), it can often result in missing out on a nice big run. In the third .gif you posted, were you exiting and re-entering?

Perhaps I should be scaling out?

Thanks Valeo

libertao:
To me the entries seem to be more or less easy, it's the exits that I'm having difficulty with. If I wait for the XO bar to go 2 levels in the opposite direction or wait for price to close above/below the 25-EMA, I often b/e or even lose a few pips. If I try to take profit too early of course (such as by exiting when I get 2 consecutive XO bars just one level in the opposite direction), it can often result in missing out on a nice big run. In the third .gif you posted, were you exiting and re-entering?

Perhaps I should be scaling out?

Thanks Valeo

Yes... Looks like we need big moves to get some pips.

Exits...........

Guys, when last did you read #Post 2???????????

I have not changed anything and it is very clear about what you have to do with EXITS???????

Please read it again and tell me what you think I should have said to make it more understandable.

Waiting to hear from you.

Perfect entry this morning.............

Here are 2 examples of a perfect entry this morning and secondly, where you should have entered if you opened late as we do in RSA.

In the second screen-print, the first "entry" would have been wrong with the CCI_T overheated and you wait for it to retrace and enter as soosn as the XO gives you the signal for an easy 35 pips.

Note the price staling on the 1/8_MM line and so you can exit if you are happy with the pips made OR if you follow the rules, you would have seen that the CCI_T overheats again to the UPSIDE, BUT tyhe price does not breach the 25-ema, so you can stay in until exhaustion.

The "BLUE" squares are "markers" found in MT4 Libertao.

Best trading!!

ValeoFX:
Guys, when last did you read #Post 2???????????

I have not changed anything and it is very clear about what you have to do with EXITS???????

Please read it again and tell me what you think I should have said to make it more understandable.

Waiting to hear from you.

Sorry for the confusion. Post #2 is definitely clear. I just had the impression from reading through thread #1 and from my own simulation trading that exits with this system need to be a bit more discretionary than the entries are. In other words, use stops at +/-1 from the 25-EMA as a guideline, but if you just rely on that, you will get whipsawed on too many occasions. You have to look for exhaustion on the price, MM lines, XO-signals, CCI leveling out at the zero line or crossing it, etc.

Of course, maybe this is a mistaken impression? Sorry again about the confusion

Reason: