Braintrading EA - page 5

Look at the first post of this thread: it was the links to the developed system and everything about confirmation. It is in Brain Systems section.

User Defined Stop Loss Variable / Multiple Order Entry / Tiered Profit Taking

This EA has a lot of potential and I want to thank everyone who has brought this system along from its inception, to its current state, both manual and EA.(ND & IGOR: thank you very much for all that you do)

Tiered Profit Taking and User Specified Stop Loss

I think something that would make this EA successful would be an enhancement to the ((order size)) variable that could work together with a fixed variable for stop losses that a user can specify without having to use the current [stoplossmode]. While the current dynamic stops are interesting, I believe that in most cases they are to tight, and in some cases to wide.

Essentially a user could have the ability to enter 3(or more) orders and specify stop levels and PT's for each individually.

LotOrder1 = 0.5

LotOrder2 = 0.5

LotOrder3 = 0.5

TakeProfit1 = 35

TakeProfit2 = 75

TakeProfit3 = 125

FixedStopLoss1 = 15

FixedStopLoss2 = 20

FixedStopLoss3 = 25

Trailstopmode(ALL) = 1

BreakEven(ALL) = 15

LuckyLurker:
User Defined Stop Loss Variable / Multiple Order Entry / Tiered Profit Taking

This EA has a lot of potential and I want to thank everyone who has brought this system along from its inception, to its current state, both manual and EA.(ND & IGOR: thank you very much for all that you do)

Tiered Profit Taking and User Specified Stop Loss

I think something that would make this EA successful would be an enhancement to the ((order size)) variable that could work together with a fixed variable for stop losses that a user can specify without having to use the current [stoplossmode]. While the current dynamic stops are interesting, I believe that in most cases they are to tight, and in some cases to wide.

Essentially a user could have the ability to enter 3(or more) orders and specify stop levels and PT's for each individually.

LotOrder1 = 0.5

LotOrder2 = 0.5

LotOrder3 = 0.5

TakeProfit1 = 35

TakeProfit2 = 75

TakeProfit3 = 125

FixedStopLoss1 = 15

FixedStopLoss2 = 20

FixedStopLoss3 = 25

Trailstopmode(ALL) = 1

BreakEven(ALL) = 15

Good idea. I am still trying to find the more good settings for this EA. But, seems, you are right: we need top improve this EA slighly. The settings I am using now can do the dollowing: this settings are catwing big movement; if no big clear movement so we will have small losses repeatedly.

You are right: "believe that in most cases they are to tight, and in some cases too wide". In this version we have too tight stop loss value and too agressive trailing stop.

It is good idea to open 3 orders with different tp/sl instead of one order.

Because one order may be open for catwing this clear big movement. The other 2 orders will just time some profit in "normal way" (if any).

newdigital:
The settings I am using now can do the dollowing: this settings are catwing big movement; if no big clear movement so we will have small losses repeatedly.).

Yes I believe whats happening on the small moves is that the move has completed 40-50 pips before the 3rd conf bar has set.. So you are actually entering at the turn around and get stopped out in most cases.

A simple filter that checks the amount of pips from the close of the hour bar should do the trick..

If pips > 50 from closebar(H1) then no trade.

the pip amount could be user defined as well.. i would personally set it between 35 - 50 for most pairs.

This would filter out those headfakes that sometimes trigger the signal with quick large moves, only to turn around and continue the near term trend.. namely, news releases.

Trend Check

Added some whip filters that take out the fakes.

new user defined areas:

pSAR_Step = 0.002; // confirm trend

Use_pMa = 1; // 0=no 1=yes (confirm trend)

Use_pRsi = 1; // 0=no 1=yes (optional)

RsiPeriod = 13;

m1Period = 20; // ema

m2Period = 48; // lwma

enjoy...

Files:
new_bt_ea.mq4  15 kb

LuckyLurker:
Added some whip filters that take out the fakes.

new user defined areas:

pSAR_Step = 0.002; // confirm trend

Use_pMa = 1; // 0=no 1=yes (confirm trend)

Use_pRsi = 1; // 0=no 1=yes (optional)

RsiPeriod = 13;

m1Period = 20; // ema

m2Period = 48; // lwma

enjoy...

Thanks a lot.

But the problem with Braintrading EA is the following: it was not coded according to BrainTrading indicators which I tested during the many months manually and used in live account.

You may see in Brain System section of public forum some indicators which i tested. Let's name it "old indicators". Then some people improved indicators to be "new indicators". So, this new indicators is out of this system. But then some member coded 4-in-1 indicators and we may switch between old and new ones in the settings.

So, this EA was coded according to the new indicators. I tested manually using old indicators set. I think it is the main problem.

Indicators are too different.

newdigital:
But the problem with Braintrading EA is the following: it was not coded according to BrainTrading indicators which I tested during the many months manually and used in live account.

You may see in Brain System section of public forum some indicators which i tested. Let's name it "old indicators". Then some people improved indicators to be "new indicators". So, this new indicators is out of this system. But then some member coded 4-in-1 indicators and we may switch between old and new ones in the settings.

So, this EA was coded according to the new indicators. I tested manually using old indicators set. I think it is the main problem.

Indicators are too different.

Have you tried the old indicators with the ea? As long as they are named the same, the ea should find them and work off of those parameters.

I loaded up the all in ones over the top of the "new" ea indicators and could not really see a difference.. However, I never tried the old files you speak of.

LuckyLurker:
Have you tried the old indicators with the ea? As long as they are named the same, the ea should find them and work off of those parameters. I loaded up the all in ones over the top of the "new" ea indicators and could not really see a difference.. However, I never tried the old files you speak of.

You may see the different changing Spread option with the settings. If I remember it is as false or true https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908/page2

Igorad improved old indicators because the signals of the old indicators depends on brokers data. So, I may have buy on North Finance, and you may have nothing with IBFX for example. You may see it downloading this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908/page2 and change the Spread option compare it with different broker.

Because this system was design if all two signal indicators are on the same close bar. With new indicators we are having completely different signals on different bars. That is why it is very difficult to filter them. because this system was not design for new indicators.

New indicators are producing too many false signals and I really did not try to test manually those new indicators https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173139/page2

I traded old indicators during the many months.

The other reason that, probable, one of the old indicator (Braintradingsig2) is having the bug but Igorad improved this indicator in "new" way.

So, I can not replace the indicators. I am having just all-in-one version where I may see old indicators (fixed version) changing Spread option.

newdigital:
You may see the different changing Spread option with the settings. If I remember it is as false or true https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908/page2

Igorad improved old indicators because the signals of the old indicators depends on brokers data. So, I may have buy on North Finance, and you may have nothing with IBFX for example. You may see it downloading this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172908/page2 and change the Spread option compare it with different broker.

Because this system was design if all two signal indicators are on the same close bar. With new indicators we are having completely different signals on different bars. That is why it is very difficult to filter them. because this system was not design for new indicators.

New indicators are producing too many false signals and I really did not try to test manually those new indicators https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173139/page2

I traded old indicators during the many months.

The other reason that, probable, one of the old indicator (Braintradingsig2) is having the bug but Igorad improved this indicator in "new" way.

So, I can not replace the indicators. I am having just all-in-one version where I may see old indicators (fixed version) changing Spread option.

Yea im not sure how to fix this.. Will have to think on it.

Reason: