ForexForSmarties MT4 indicators WIP : Help !

http://forexforsmarties.com (ak FFS)

This hedging system lets you trade forex pairs in the below combinations as a hedge. Correlations of these combinations is how you makes your monies. My indicators is will show this relationhship. I believe there are no indicators for FFS yet.

1. EUR/USD, USD/CHF

2. EUR/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/USD

3. EUR/USD, USD/CHF, GBP/USD, USD/JPY

4. EUR/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY

5. EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY

6. USD/CHF, GBP/USD

7. USD/CHF, GBP/USD, USD/JPY

8. GBP/USD, USD/JPY

I wanted to have an indicator that represents the trend of these different combinations (like a USD Dollar index). I split my index into USDPositive and USDNegative so I could see the YING and YANG.

Each index is made up of pair price series data like this...

index number 2

USDPositive = USDCHF

USDNegative = EURUSD and GBPUSD

index number 3

USDPositive = USDCHF and USDJPY

index number 5

USDPositive = USDJPY

I have two indicators FFS_Trend and FFS_Correlation.

FSS_Trend is designed to just to show the USDpos and USDneg trend.

(see JPEG attached)

FSS_Correlation is designed to show the correlation between USDpos and USDneg.

Issues

FSS_Trend

1) Does not work in realtime, goes all flat, every live tick upsets it !

FSS_Correlation

1) Does not draw at all in realtime.

2) Arrays lose data.

3) I believe Correlation Coef is correct.

Can you help, then we all can use these tools.

Files:

I've tried to fix these indicators.

FFS_trend is ready to use.

Files:

FFS_Correlation is ready too.

Could you explain how to trade with these tools?

Files:

hi guys, the basic for this system is to make hedge trades and than small buy and sell limits and bank small profits, the system don't use correlation on any other tool.

i study this system and it's look very promising (if we got EA to this one it will be great)

First thanks for the help..

There are two hedge systems out there, FreedomRocks and ForexForSmarties.

This forum is backed with info on them : http://www.talkgold.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19

People say they have been trading FFS and FR for months with ZERO losses. Returns of 1% to 3% per trade...whatever, make your own mind up on these claims.

Correlation fluctuations make the monies in these systems. FFS has been described as FR on steriods. As it suits a shorter time frame of hedge. Drawdowns occur when correlation swings out of whack. So timing of the hedge trade does help to avoid drawdowns. Drawdowns are survived by risking very low margin in your account.

EA news : FFS says they are to release an EA to do much of there Mt4 work. Supposed to be this week.

There is money in FFS as a side system to make conservative % returns compounding each month. 5% to 10% a month compouding is better than the bank !

Any more tools for FFS post them here.,...check it out..

The Tool is not working.

Inputs FFS_Trend

IndexType = 1

NoBars = 100

IndexType 1 means that its only EURUSD and the USDCHF. This means that the GREEN line (main chart) and the RED line should look the same. They dont on the daily chart. Try H4 and weekly.

Just looking at the last 100 bars from right to left, there different !!!

The FFS_Correlation would be incorrect as well, if the arrays are not getting the correct normalised index data.

Any ideas why data is not been picked up correctly...

Article of interest

http://www.mcginley.biz/2007/01/12/correlations

Reference to FFS ( forexforsmarties ).

Well I surprised myself and fixed them !

FFS v2 is all correct.

FFS_Trend : Works great, see the FFS index you are trading. I will be adding the crosses soon...like EURCHF for index 1, EURUSD/USDCHF. I will investage further. ( Ref article above).

FFS_Correlation : See short. medium and long term correlation for index under study. Watch your drawdowns and and profits with trend and correlation fluctuations.

icm63:

FFS v2 is all correct.

FFS_Trend : Works great, see the FFS index you are trading. I will be adding the crosses soon...like EURCHF for index 1, EURUSD/USDCHF. I will investage further. ( Ref article above).

FFS_Correlation : See short. medium and long term correlation for index under study. Watch your drawdowns and and profits with trend and correlation fluctuations.

Really now looks better because you've excluded EUR0...JPY0 from formulas.

For IndexType=1 it looks like WPR or Stochastic with large period.

icm63:

FFS v2 is all correct.

I use IBFX, the trend indicator locks up my platform. Try the indicators, Ive attached.

The currency line indicator just puts a line graph of another currency.

Try this, put GBPUSD on chart, then drag another copy onto the first one and set it to USDCHF and invert=true and change color. Amazing!

The hedge indicator displays profit in dollars.

Both of my indicators now have corrections for missing candles, since metatrder doesn't put in a false candle if there are no ticks, this is mainly needed for 1 minute charts.

Stevensign:
I use IBFX, the trend indicator locks up my platform. Try the indicators, Ive attached.

The currency line indicator just puts a line graph of another currency.

Try this, put GBPUSD on chart, then drag another copy onto the first one and set it to USDCHF and invert=true and change color. Amazing!

The hedge indicator displays profit in dollars.

Both of my indicators now have corrections for missing candles, since metatrder doesn't put in a false candle if there are no ticks, this is mainly needed for 1 minute charts.

I think that using of your currency line indicator for GBP and CHF in the same window is not good idea because of different scales.

FFS_Trend has one scale for each currency.

Reason: