Why ask basic questions when the answers are readily available by inspection?
I've made some simple statements in this thread...AO is MACD....Alligator is too subjective...BW's fractal theory is flawed. Most intelligent people can look at these comments and decide for themselves by simple inspection whether they are valid or not.
Newbie? LOL Continue with your dream. Perhaps you will find yorself some day in the real world where the reality appear more obvious than your current delussion.
Your contribution to this thread is well documented.
You can't even spell delusion...don't even worry about it. I'm the least of your problems...
EA for Bill Williams
This link is more related to digital filters.
This subject (digital filters) are fully developed and explain in our forum (we have many good threads about it).
The discussion was started on Russian Alpari forum 2 days ago with many usefull links http://forum.alpari-idc.ru/thread19405-4.html
In Russian sorry.
You may visit this thread in Alpari forum even you don't understand Russian. because some links are very old but still very usefull.
There are some EAs (WilliamsFractalAOACFiveBarsZonaBalanceFractalStop EA for example) and indicators on that thread.
On ther page #9 you may find 5d EA posted (Metatrader3).
In excel file (attached) you may find some analysis of Bill Williams systems, systems developed on this thread and 5d system.
Actove participants of that thread were Rosh and Beluck (Beluck is active member of our forum as well). But it was some years ago and for MetaTrader3 only.
If the members need I may give short review of that Alpari forum thread (tomorrow).
Chaos trading system
I will be happy if someone want to discuss this system with me, sorry my english. The explanation is intended for an EA but enough to understand ths system funtioning. Any feedback or contribution will be great. Thanks.
Edel Pons Suarez
Marrai Trading System
The system uses two charts:
Daily (it can be changed by the user)
4 hours (it can be changed by the user)
In the 4H chart, we use the following indicators:
- Awesome oscillator
In the 1H chart we use the following indicators:
- Fractals (The system uses two different fractal indicators: the fractal indicator that comes by default with metatrader and a second one that I have added; any of the fractals plotted by any of the two indicators are a valid fractals).
Can be defined in two ways:
1) The stop loss will be defined by the higher of the two last opposite fractals back in the 4H chart plus 1 pip plus spread if we go long and the opposite if we go short.
2) The stop loss will be defined by the last opposite fractal back in the 4H chart plus 1 pip plus spread if we go long and the opposite if we go short.
Money management (for 10.000 dollars the risk per trade will be 4% with 200:1 leverage):
The size of the position will be calculated following this formula:
Size=60 pips/difference (in pips) between the current price and the stop loss.
We will exit the position when a candle stick closes a number of pips bellow the low of the last green candle stick, the number of pips defined by the user.
We will exit the position when a candle stick closes a number of pips above the high of the last red candle stick, the number of pips defined by the user.
So, the EA will have the following variables:
- Stop loss 1 or stop loss 2. (Default: 2).
- Risk: 1: 4%, 2: 8%, 3: 12% etc, (Default: option 2).
- Automatic trading or alerts only, (Default: alerts). Anyway I want that the system produce an alert when it opens a position automatically.
- Confirm operation, the system will ask to confirm the opening of a trade (true/false).
- Number of pips that will be added to the low/high to exit a position. Default: 20
- Number of consecutive red or green lines above/bellow the 0 line in the AO oscillator.
Default: the second.
Now the rules for going long:
In the daily chart:
1. The current bar of the AC oscillator is positive and green and the last bar is green or the current bar is negative and green and the last 2 bars are green also.
2. The current bar of the awesome oscillator is green.
In the 4H chart:
1. As the price goes up, it triggers at least a fractal in the direction of the trend (it means that we have to enter when the price is above the high of the fractal).
2. The current bar of the awesome oscillator is a green positive bar above the zero line and the immediate last bar is under the zero line. Or the current bar is negative and green. Or we can enter in the second (can be changed by the user) consecutive green bar above the zero line.
3. The current bar of the AC oscillator is positive and green and the last bar is green also.
4. The price must be higher than the close of the last candle stick.
And the rules for going short:
1. The current bar of the AC oscillator is negative and red and the last bar is red or the current bar is positive and red and the last two bars are red also.
2. The current bar of the awesome oscillator is red.
1. As the price goes down, it triggers a fractal in the direction of the trend (it means that we have to enter when the price is under the low of the fractal).
2. The current bar of the awesome oscillator is a red negative bar under the zero line and the immediate last bar is above the zero line. Or the current bar is positive and red. Or we can enter in the second (can be changed by the user) consecutive red bar bellow the zero line.
3. The current bar of the AC oscillator is negative and red and the last bar is red also.
4. The price must be lower than the close of the last candle stick.
Your post was moved to Chaos thread.
How do you trade with the alligator ???
Hi am fxsaxon
and i have been trading with alligator system now for some time now and have had on and off success with it. but i always seem to miss a breakout or breakdown using this system.i also use the momentum,rsi along with the 100 & 200 ema to confirm entry and exits. also the same rule as using moving averages every thing above close or below is a buy or sell signal. please feel free to post your reply or pic on how you use the alligator system and what indicators you use to confirm for entry or exits even in an sideways markets.