Chaos Theory by Bill Williams - page 5

Maybe this helps : a different kind of Alligator that I think makes it easier to use. When values are 0 one generally should not trade (the flat line in the indicator)

In default parameters there is a deviation from the original Bill Williams Alligator : shifts are set to 0 in this indicator (a bit less lag)

Files:

Nice work

Great indicators mladen. I have a new idea for you, its something not related to this topic but could be something you could have a look at, the congestion indicator.

Files:

thx for this too, mladen,

i like the flat line part. almost like a bollinger squeeze thing.

blur

Non repainting fractals indicator?

Anyone know of a fractals indicator that does not repaint? (doesn't disappear or re-appear certain points)

I know it will have more false signals, but does anyone know of any?

The very idea of fractals is that they are defined only afterwards.

As far as I know the concept of fractals as known in technical analysis of Forex and stocks, was presented by Bill Williams, who defined a top/low fractal by a certain number of bars that were to be found before and after the top/low. This was a genius variation on the original ideas of mathematicians such as Mandelbrot.

For the default fractal indicator that is included in Metatrader, a top/low fractal is indicated every time there are 2 bars with a lower/higher maximum/minimum, at its left and right.

For certain types of analysis, in order to define a fractal it can be useful to increase this number of bars, such as only identifying fractals when there are 3 or 5 bars at the left and right.

There's no way for an indicator to "predict" such a fractal, since it's only defined once the lows/highs of the bars before and afterwards are actually known, for sure.

Of course, this is only the case unless you'd use an elaborate and highly accurate EA that would predict the trend as a whole, to predict 1 or more bars that would define the fractal. And if you'd have that kind of an EA, the fractal to be predicted would probably be quite irrelevant, as you'd already be riding the trend...

noskool319:
Anyone know of a fractals indicator that does not repaint? (doesn't disappear or re-appear certain points) I know it will have more false signals, but does anyone know of any?

hi noskool...

below is how the fractal developed:

A buy fractal is a series of five consecutive bars where the highest high is preceded by two lower highs and is followed by two lower highs.

A sell fractal is a series of five consecutive bars where the lowest low is preceded by two higher lows and is followed by two higher lows.

Both fractals (Buy and Sell) may share bars.

Fractals as the first market dimension. Forex with Alpari

hope this help u.

thnx

Try this one seems quite good

Files:

thx for the help everyone.

increase - is that indicator repainting/lagging like the packaged fractal indicator in mt4?

Indicator question

Thanks for posting all this information and code.

I have a couple of questions.

Can the ZigZag Fractal be used in an EA? If so, how? Or how in general does one use a Fractal in an EA? Does it require a shift?

Can the Chaos Gator show a flat zone for exits as well as no trade zones? It would be nice to be able to trigger exits with a flat zone or some other unequivocal signal from the indicator. I thought of combining it with Standard Deviation to see how it would work.

autumn

very famous indicator -Alligatomacdulator

stock Allegator as osc., teeth-jaws etc switch

Reason: