News Reader Indicator! - page 7

airquest:
Yeah, I know, maybe it's my terminal, not sure. It doesn't happen often, just happened once this afternoon when I first loaded the indicator. I've got only these error on my log file : Gyazo - 9127fb049bfebdc3d7c8852834bb0d5f.png. And yes, DLL were allowed. I guess it's my terminal losing connection, so sorry if it is .

airquest

That is an error that was caused by metatrader server at that moment

It could probably cause some problems with other indicators too (but I am not 100% in the case of the news reader what exactly could it cause)

latest version of Forex-TSD news reader (compatible with all the latest changes) : forex_tsd_news_reader_2.04_nmc.mq4

mladen:
latest version of Forex-TSD news reader (compatible with all the latest changes) : forex_tsd_news_reader_2.04_nmc.mq4

Nice. Thanks

whisperer:
Nice. Thanks

Doesn't work... why ?

2015.02.08 17:44:37.995 Custom indicator Forex TSD news reader 2.04 nmc EURUSD,H4: loaded successfully

2015.02.08 17:44:39.464 Custom indicator Forex TSD news reader 2.04 nmc EURUSD,H4: removed

What's wrong?

some of ddl's missing?

Dear mladen,

how do I implement this in an EA? Have tried without any luck.

SantaClaus:
Dear mladen, how do I implement this in an EA? Have tried without any luck.

That indicator is not using buffers. You have to use the code that is reading the data and implement it in the EA - reading the data from the indicator indirectly will not work

Thanks!

Could you point me to where I find that code?

SantaClaus:
Thanks! Could you point me to where I find that code?

In the indicator : you have the complete MQL code opened there

SantaClaus:
You told me that the indicator isn't using buffers and then you tell me that the code in in the indicator. Can you be more specific?

Go to post #63 (this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175881/page5 )

Open the "Forex TSD news reader 2.04 nmc.mq4" using metaeditor - that is the mql code. Check the updateArray() function (and functions it is calling). That is where array is filled with news data (information)

It is not using buffers for storing news data, and that is why you have to see (and eventually) reuse the code that stores news data to array. Since you are already coding an EA it should not be a big problem copy-pasting a couple of functions essential for news array handling and then using that array in the EA for the information (and criteria) you need it in your EA

all the best

mladen:
That indicator is not using buffers. You have to use the code that is reading the data and implement it in the EA - reading the data from the indicator indirectly will not work

You told me that the indicator isn't using buffers and then you tell me that the code is in the indicator.

Can you be more specific?

Reason: