Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 34

Backtest of autofx version was all good... planning to trade live with it...

i was using alpari databank, but using moneymgmt true, still not seeing increasing lot when balance increases.... something wrong somewhere?

faifarni:
I really think this would help greatly with drawdown and could make this ea even better. Could anybody please help with coding??

-I- really think we should watch it in forward-test before we start changing functionality.

If you're doing every-tick backtests, I advise not putting too much stock in those. A couple of excellent EAs that have proven themselves in live trading do not do well at all in MT4 every-tick backtesting.

The best practice is to exercise patience, watch the EA trade in real-time market actions, and then make your decisions about what should be changed.

One thing about your backtests -- make sure they're on MINI accounts! I was accidentally demoing on a standard InterbankFX MT4 account, and the lot sizes and other money mgmt stuff is messed up.

Gotta be a mini!

And if lot granularity is not the same as InterbankFX, your lot sizes may not increase and other bad stuff like that...so watch out with Alpari and others. Surely some of the coders around here can adjust that for you.

And please demo-trade for a long time before going live!

autofx:
One thing about your backtests -- make sure they're on MINI accounts! I was accidentally demoing on a standard InterbankFX MT4 account, and the lot sizes and other money mgmt stuff is messed up.

Gotta be a mini!

And if lot granularity is not the same as InterbankFX, your lot sizes may not increase and other bad stuff like that...so watch out with Alpari and others. Surely some of the coders around here can adjust that for you.

And please demo-trade for a long time before going live!

i will post detailed backtest statement here...maybe you want to compare?

i was using 0.1...looks good.....starting balance 1k

i imported alpari databank to ibfx platform.... hope its correct proper method

I think 1.001 (one-tenth of 1 percent) should be the value for ProfitMultiple, not 1.01 or 1 percent. So I have uploaded the EA with 1.001.

autofx:
I think 1.001 (one-tenth of 1 percent) should be the value for ProfitMultiple, not 1.01 or 1 percent. So I have uploaded the EA with 1.001.

I would like to give this EA a try but want to know what values you've been successful with? I noticed that you don't have values for SL and such. Are those values withing the EA some where else? Do I need any indicators for it to run?

Thanks

I'm not saying I've been successful with this yet. I've only been running mod H for one day on demo accounts. The backtests look great, but I don't put too much stock in them, except for debugging purposes.

There ARE no sl's or tp's. Yes, you need indicators. See the first post of the thread.

I'm running on demos with the settings exactly as the EA has them -- out-of-the-box ("OOTB" as we say on my forum).

Even with RiskPercent at 0.5, this is still a risky strategy to put on multiple pairs. If you want to trade it on multiple pairs, put RiskPercent at 0.1.

azman818:

ProfitMultiple = 1.001 with starting balance of 1,000usd

will close all trade on the pair when its profit has reached 1usd?

That's actually correct. I know it sounds ridiculous but it keeps your margin and equity healthier.

Since the lot sizes automatically increase as equity grows, you get automatic compounding, and that's what can grow your account in a hurry.

On a $100k account, you close all trades when the floating PL is $100 for the pair...again, doesn't sound like much but it's powerful.

If you don't prefer that, you can adjust ProfitMultiple to your liking.

ProfitMultiple 1.001

autofx:

hi bob,

thanks for sharing your modH.

i have just started demo modH on 7 pairs some 6 hrs ago

starting balance 1,000usd now balance 1,300+

i've even reset ProfitMultiple to 1.10 so that modH will continue

on all pairs

ProfitMultiple = 1.001 with starting balance of 1,000usd

will close all trade on the pair when its profit has reached 1usd?

please suggest min. starting balance for multi pair - say 6 or 7 pairs.

will ProfitMultiple close ALL trades on ALL pairs when only 1 pair has

reached the set level?

thanks.

autofx:

with this profitmultiple function, we dont need accountprotection anymore? if i set true, ordertoprotect, secure profit all that, will it be any difference?

Reason: