EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 769

VladislavVG:

In your example you will get the same result by closing all positions, whether using lots or normal closing orders.

Well, I was trying to give a specific example where I saved 50 pips or am I wrong here?

VladislavVG:

Whatever you want - just in case, I can dig for a link and you can draw up the deals... Will you do the counting yourself ?

That would be nice.

Yes, I can do the math myself.

barfly13:

So was I trying to give a concrete example where I saved 50 points or am I wrong here?

Can we disassemble it - do you want it?

I'm looking for a link.

Of course I do, maybe I really missed something... Once again, I sold from 4050, the lock at 4100 and then its opening at 4270, so at the moment we have a price of 4032...

Swetten:

That would be nice.

Yeah, I can do the math myself.

(chuckles) Okay. Here's something from around here.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/120850/page52

001 and I were parsing an example that he reckoned didn't translate to net. The example itself is slightly earlier there.

There is another example given by alex1978 - also recalculated - same - further down the branch there.

About here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/120850/page58

agreed that recalculation to net would cause inconvenience in the sense that it would have to be written independently, but nothing more - it has nothing to do with the advantage of locs.

Good luck.

barfly13:

Of course I do, maybe I really missed something... Once again, I sold from 4050, the lock at 4100 and then its opening at 4270, so at the moment we have a price of 4032...

Please draw the levels and the sequence of trades.

I'm not referring to anyone personally, but look at the bottom line, the fox and crane argument, trying to force each other to, get out of the jug or lick the saucer, will get you nowhere.

You just have different eating strategies.

:)))

RekkeR:

I'm not referring to anyone personally, but look at the bottom line, the fox and crane argument, trying to force each other to, get out of the jug or lick the saucer, will get you nowhere.

You just have different eating strategies.

G_p can explain it more clearly.

:)))

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. There is such a thing as truth/simplicity of statements ;)..... That's all.

Good luck.

barfly13:

Vladislav, not in any way whatsoever, I'm just trying to explain the meaning of the lock method based on my own experience and knowledge... I had tried lots of lock options, naturally, besides technical aspects, conclusions were made about psychology ... What would happen to me, and what would prevent me from doing that?
What gives me the lock, the first and most important thing is not to take a fixed loss, but to take a profit.

All that the lot gives is the ability to make calculations only on equity, i.e., you started to lock with an unbalanced lot, while equity is falling, you overlap it, as soon as equity starts to grow, you can stop and after the excess of equity over the starting equity (i.e. balance), you take actions like when going on a profit, that's all.

The lock simplifies the calculations, but the margin will increase.

Swetten:

Here, the operation of two TS on the same account.

The red one is TS #1, the yellow one is TS #2.

All levels are round, lot is constant, etc.

Shall we do the math?

Let's
Reason: