DECEMA - Xmas gift! - page 6

mod, just added bells and wissels

Files:

good day guru.....why my decema cannot work for both my MT4 NF and FXDD? Nothing happen when i drag decema onto chart. it says "Expert DECEMA_double USDCHF,H1: removed".

Firstly what a great indicator.....well done guys..

Iam using the double MA indicator with settings 45 and 25 on a 1hr tf...

Does anyone have the settings for this indicator on daily and 4hr TF's...

Thanks Glenn

Getting around the 8 buffer limit

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to overcome the 8 buffer limitition in MQ4

if you know how please explane with code

I moved your post to this thread where this limitation was broken. Read this thread from the beginning.

Petor

codersguru:
This is my Xmas gift Hope you like it:
  • For traders:
    A new great moving average indicator added to the arsenal of moving average! the DECEMA (Special thanks to JoZo for his help!)
  • For programmers:
How to work with number of buffers greater than the only 8 buffers that the MQL4 supports!

DECEMA

Decema is beautifull precise Indicator! Thank You very much!

As I remember - this indicator was converted from VT Trader. For more information - see this link:

Metatrader - MQL4 - DECEMA Indicator

DECEMA = (10 * EMA 1)-(45 * EMA2)+(120*EMA3)-(210 * EMA4)+(252 * EMA5)- (210* EMA6)+(120*EMA7)-(45 *EMA8)+(10* EMA9)-EMA 10;

Codersguru can tell you more.

Some more info about "decema" :

It is a continuation of ema of (ema of (ema of ...))) calculated averages with binomial coefficients (also known as Pascal's triangle) applied for weight coefficients of each ema.

What it means : it is a continuation of ema, dema, tema, ... nema. So, a filter after all

Attaching an indicator which can calculate up to 49ema (whatever that would be ) and does it simply (it uses up to 50 calculating buffers internally). Over the NemaDepth > 20 absolute precision is lost (due to factorial calculation) and over the NemaDepth 43-44 the results are unreliable (I left those depths simply for testing purposes). Here are :
dema(nema with NemaDepth 2)
tema(nema with NemaDepth 3)
decema(nema with NemaDepth 10)
PS: NemaDepth 1 == ema
Files:

mladen:
Some more info about "decema" :

It is a continuation of ema of (ema of (ema of ...))) calculated averages with binomial coefficients (also known as Pascal's triangle) applied for weight coefficients of each ema.

What it means : it is a continuation of ema, dema, tema, ... nema. So, a filter after all

Attaching an indicator which can calculate up to 49ema (whatever that would be ) and does it simply (it uses up to 50 calculating buffers internally). Over the NemaDepth > 20 absolute precision is lost (due to factorial calculation) and over the NemaDepth 43-44 the results are unreliable (I left those depths simply for testing purposes). Here are :
dema(nema with NemaDepth 2)
tema(nema with NemaDepth 3)
decema(nema with NemaDepth 10)
PS: NemaDepth 1 == ema

Great! this is a good code!

Reason: