Amazing News EA

Has anybody tested this?? Strategy looks very simple and very promising. This was found on the IRXFX forums.

Nick,

The EA is based upon what you set, do not expect to use it as is else you will get killed....

The settings of this ea are completely up the users configuration. You would have to set it up for particular news events. I've never used this ea, I'm just putting it out there because if you look at various boards and contests it's obvious that some of the top contestants are routinely news traders.

I had used it awhile back, its probably one of the best news EA compared to others I have tried. It does work only if your broker not have constant requotes like mine just within the past several months.

et_phonehome_2:
I had used it awhile back, its probably one of the best news EA compared to others I have tried. It does work only if your broker not have constant requotes like mine just within the past several months.

If I may ask, who's your broker??

Nick,

amazing expert

I need the amazing expert to trading automatinc on the news

please help me

its a straddle EA right?

Its a straddle EA so its up to you what you feel comfortable with. I can only suggest that you demo the EA to get the appropriate settings you want, but as you know, we cannot predict the news. I have seen many instances where price starts moving one direction just before news, and then it starts turning the other way after the news. Just be aware of your TP and SL....

StradleEA/AmazingEA... How do I add "date" parameter?

Hi all;

Can anyone help me add a "date" - specifically "MONTH" parameter - to either "AmazingEA" or "Straddle_Trail" EA?

AmazingEA - http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...&postcount=107

Straddle_Trail - http://www.forexfactory.com/showpost...&postcount=261

I posted on "forexfactory" but have been told that EXPERTS reside HERE

At time of NEWS - "AmazingEA" allows for "DAY" of news and "HOUR/MIN" settings and assumes"current" month... "Straddle_Trail" allows for "HOUR/MIN" but assumes"TODAY's month and day".

If I wanted to enter a trade for - say - 2 am EST, I'd have to wait 'till past midnight to set it.

What I'd like to be able to do is:

a) Set the EA at (i.e.) 8 pm 9/24/07 to enter the trade at 2am 9/25/07 ... or

b) Set the EA this Mon. afternoon for news on Wed 2 am (if I'm unavailable in between)

... but if Mon is end of Aug and Wed is beginning of Sept. then I would need the "MONTH" parameter...

I hope it's clear enough what I'm trying to accomplish - THESE ARE AWESOME Experts, btw. I hope it helps someone... Thank you, in advance, for any help you may provide.

Files:
straddle_ea.mq4  26 kb

Some progress

I figured out how to add the "Month"... but that didn't do it...

I added:

----------------------------------

extern int NMonth=9;

If (Month()!=NMonth && Day()!=NDay) {

etc...

etc...

------------------------------------------

But what it does now is allow me to back-test every day of the CURRENT server month (sept.) all in one run, instead of doing it day by day... (i.e. I set "use dates" from 01/01/07 to 9/28/07 and all it does is give me results for September) but I still can't back-test any other months beyond current month.

Changing the "NMonth=8",7,6,etc... doesn't do it.

BOTTOM LINE is this: I want to test this EA to see results of trading it EVERY DAY AT 2 am EST for the past 6 months.

I would really appreciate the help. Thank You.

Reason: