Amazing News EA - page 2

I believe you would want a disjunction rather than conjunction, i.e., like:

If (Month()!=NMonth || Day()!=NDay) { ....

In words, the condition is if either it is the wrong month, or it is the wrong day (of the right month), then ...

I guess... That's how you learn

Well, trial and error is how we learn

I simply commented out the line where it has the (Day()!=NDay) condition and it worked like a charm. Thank you for helping.

Any body has used the EA for real trading ? How is result..

Please help make Amazing_EA even more useful...

Hello; I know this is very easy for someone who knows what they are doing, but I spent 4 days trying and it just doesn't work

Attached is the original "Amazing EA". It is working perfectly for trading news. But it has only one "TakeProfit" level. I would like to use it for a tunnel breakout system and would like 3 "Take Profit" levels. So when price breaks out long/short I can have - 1st T/P at +15; 2nd T/P +30 and 3rd at +45 or be able to fade out and sell X lots in X increments (i.e. sell .5 lots every 20 pips)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Files:

It is more risky.

Anyway look at this thread witgh NewsTrader https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/177102

Hello;

Anyone have any idea how to modify "AmazingEA" attached to post #15... because I've seen numerous posts from people asking for a similar EA but haven't been able to find solid responses.

Is it even possible to do?... Add multiple, individual T/P levels to this EA.

Thank you kindly for your help.

So has anyone tested this expert advisor live?

hi everybuddy.....

did u try this amazing news EA...

how to apply??

did this EA detect the news that day or what??

could anyone teach me...

im new here...

Straddle EA

jebigabre:
So has anyone tested this expert advisor live?

A problem that I came across is the precise filling of orders. You do not allways get the price that you based your calcs on and that can kill an account in no time.

Another approach may be as follows: Open a long and short position at the same price, but with a tight SL - say 10 pips. You are then in the market both ways. If the price moves, you are already filled and not at the mercy of some broker, who widens spreads at news time. If either stoploss gets taken out, the other trade will go on into profit.

What do you think?

Cheers

L

News Trader???

Hi friends, Everyone seems to be talking good about this news trader EA. I have also seen people call it other names like "Straddle", "Amazing" and so on. I am having a big problem with this EA. I think its supposed to be a news (time dependent) EA.Why does it place a trade using information regarding to the present market price and executes pending orders once the price is hit even when its not yet the time you have set. i dont think this EA is doing what it's supposed to do.

With my trading strategy, I place SELL or BUY trades at specific times. But I may not be on my computer at such times. I already know the type of trade to place. So all I need is something that can place a pending orders that will execute at such particular times.

I want to place a pending SELL or BUY trade to be executed at a particular time and place a TP and SL like 30pips away from whatever the price is at that time. No matter the price (The time is what is important not the price). Can this EA do that for me. If it can, please tell me how to go about it. Thanks a lot, God Bless.

Reason: