Phreaky Phorex Successful Manual EA Needs Coding Experts - page 16

Hot Karl:
Hey what do you say we leave Allah out of this, ok Bin Laden? Go and Rock The Casbah or something with that garbage. (say...is it true about all those virgins though?)

I had better preach a stone for there is a chance it will split assunder with awe lest a spring gush forth.

Thank you Phreaky Phorex for your system.

iliaazshareef

Maji EA settings

GP2X:
The Timeframe was externalize, I don't know why not just use Period() in the code. So, if you didn't change it to 5, the default is 0, which might be the problem for some people

Thanks.

I had Timeframe = 0.

Changed to 5.

I've tried a variation on the theme by modifying the posted EA to use the Jurik MA indicator for crossovers instead of VIDYA, etc. IMO, Jurik is hands down the best variable moving average around. Anyway, give it a whirl.

You'll need to save JMA.mq4 to your indicators folder if you don't already have it. I believe the EA uses whatever TF is currently selected. The attached chart uses the default 25/35 MA settings, but I think there are better choices.

Files:
jma.mq4  11 kb

Please re-download the EA if you already took it. I just noticed a screw-up on my part which I fixed.

Juriks MA

bluto:
I've tried a variation on the theme by modifying the posted EA to use the Jurik MA indicator for crossovers instead of VIDYA, etc. IMO, Jurik is hands down the best variable moving average around. Anyway, give it a whirl. You'll need to save JMA.mq4 to your indicators folder if you don't already have it. I believe the EA uses whatever TF is currently selected. The attached chart uses the default 25/35 MA settings, but I think there are better choices.

Thanks bluto. Your chart is H1. Do you suggest this timeframe ?

That is true:

http://www.jurikres.com/catalog/ms_ama.htm#top

tomstaufer:
Thanks bluto. Your chart is H1. Do you suggest this timeframe ?

That is true:

http://www.jurikres.com/catalog/ms_ama.htm#top

I don't know yet Tom. Just started experimenting. I'm thinking that for as fast and tight as these Jurik MA's are, probably H1 will keep you in the good moves without a lot of whipsaws. Time will tell.

Thank you bluto.

I will run tests next week.

Do I have to change anything besides Timeframe ?

tomstaufer:
Thank you bluto.

I will run tests next week.

Do I have to change anything besides Timeframe ?

I don't believe so. However, you might want to also experiment with those slow and fast period settings for the MA's.

yes i open 2 new positions just before fridays close, i leave them over the weekend if a TP has not happened.....also, before NFP ill put in a stop of 20 pips, just in a case, for a little protection......keep on phreaking

SirViver:
Phreaky,

Will you open a 2 new positions crossing the other direction shortley before markets close on Friday, say 2-3 hours before close & then carry it over the weekend, or will you just close out in that instance & wait for new signal the next week?

Also do you try to prtect your profit before NFP or other volitale news? If reverse spike all of a sudden you can't get in at cross do you just get in as soon as you can and then take your 10 pips or do you wait 5-15 mins until market defines its direction?

Appreciate again your sharing. Thank you.

xpMA by Codersguru

If somoebody wants to play with MAs during weekend

there is universal xpMA by Codersguru.

Change MA_Type to get:

0 Simple moving average,

1 Exponential moving average,

2 Smoothed moving average,

3 Linear weighted moving average.

4 Double Exponential Moving Average.

5 Triple Exponential Moving Average.

6 T3 Moving Average.

7 Jurik Moving Average.