Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 17

Expert to read a Excel spreadsheet and put trades?

exist something like it? Than can read cells of a spreadsheet and open trades?

thanks in advance.

EDIT: i just found this thread after my last post in MT4 section. I see now that i am not able to delete the previous post. If any admin wants to do it please fell free.

giraia_br:
Expert to read a Excel spreadsheet and put trades?

exist something like it? Than can read cells of a spreadsheet and open trades?

thanks in advance.

EDIT: i just found this thread after my last post in MT4 section. I see now that i am not able to delete the previous post. If any admin wants to do it please fell free.

I guess that bridge is yet programmed and I not trust if can be done.

a difficult request

Hello guys.

I never use the same load(amount of lots) per trade. I calculate how many lots per trade based on risk and distance. I use last swing high/low with a 5 pips leeway distance to place my stops.

Like, let's say I have a 1000 trading capital and I want to risk 2% per trade.

That's $20.00. Let's assume the stop is located @ 20 pips. Assuming $1.00 per pip.

If you're trading with a fixed amount of lots, you see a good trade and the stop is bigger than 20 pips, you have to let it go.

To resolve that problem, I use a spreadsheet that calculates the exact #of lots to be traded, keeping my risk in check, no matter how far/close the stop is.

The problem is, by the time I put the stop-loss (# of pips)on the spreadsheet,many times I miss the move.

Based on the information above, is there a way to automate the load?

I was trying to load the spreadsheet but won't let me.

Will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks in advance.

DDE Syntax for OpenOffice Calculator

Can anyone here help me how should i write the correct DDE syntax if I would like to have 1 hour and 4 hours Open, High and Low? I tried modified the standard syntax used for Daily High low i.e. =DDE("MT4";"LOW";"EURUSD") to =DDE("MT4";"LOW";"H4";"EURUSD") but not working.

Appreciate your feedback and help.

TurtleOnion:
Can anyone here help me how should i write the correct DDE syntax if I would like to have 1 hour and 4 hours Open, High and Low? I tried modified the standard syntax used for Daily High low i.e. =DDE("MT4";"LOW";"EURUSD") to =DDE("MT4";"LOW";"H4";"EURUSD") but not working. Appreciate your feedback and help.

TheAnswer:

Export of Quotes

Source data serving as a basis for the entire analytical work of the terminal user are those about security price changes. This information is provided by the brokerage company. Price data allow to draw symbol charts, research in financial markets, use various trading tactics, and make trade decisions. Quotes represent files with records in format of "SYMBOL, BID, ASK, DATE" (security symbol, bid price, ask price, date and time) and income in the terminal automatically as soon as connection to the server has been established.

The terminal allows to export the current quotes to other programs in the real-time mode through "DDE" (Dynamic Data Exchange) protocol. This is a protocol of operational systems of MS Windows used for dynamic data exchange among various applications. Quotes are given through DDE only at incoming of new ticks (ADVISE mode), but not immediately on request (REQUEST mode) where the latest price is shown. N/A is shown on the first REQUEST, and after the new price has been income, quotes will appear.

To activate the export of quotes from the terminal through DDE, one has to enable the "Enable DDE server" option in the terminal settings.

Attention: History Data cannot be exported through DDE protocol. The current quotes are exported only when the client terminal is online.

Quotes are not time dependant.

I have found an excel file which enable import MT4 data to analyze the USD, CHF, EUR and GBP strength against other crosses. Furthermore it does have multiple informations at a glance. Just allow MT4 DDE server, then open the excel file. All quotes will be refresh. Quite useful visual tools. Enjoy.

matfx:
I have found an excel file which enable import MT4 data to analyze the USD, CHF, EUR and GBP strength against other crosses. Furthermore it does have multiple informations at a glance. Just allow MT4 DDE server, then open the excel file. All quotes will be refresh. Quite useful visual tools. Enjoy.

Thanks for help me to retrieve it matfx

Hi,

To members that want to use the sheet posted by matfx with Open Office:

I'm using OO v3.

Sp, go to Tools --> Options --> Security --> Macros, and change the security level to Median or Low is Macros are not digitally signed.

Result:

Files:

FX Multi-Fibo Calc with DDE

Hi Linuxser,

Here is another update version with strength indicator, fibo level, DDE level, summary. From the attached, it included Daily Data File script and a Daily Data CSV file. Insert the Daily Data File script into expert\script, CSV file into expert\file. Then enable MT4 DDE server. Here are a few screenshots of the excel tools.

It also works great with Open Office 3

Files:
Reason: