Working with Excel (tools, indicators, conversion ...) - page 13

luxinterior:

int handle=FileOpen("Exported"+symbol+periodDesc(period)+".csv", FILE_CSV|FILE_WRITE, ',');

/

/

Read about the 'FileOpen' in the mql help file. You can see where it's naming the file in the snippet above.

Hope that helps.

Lux

Thanks very much Lux it helps enormously.

convert Mt to Prn

this convert metatrader format to Prn format save it on indicators

drag it to a chart go to experts/ files

but ive got only the ex4

Files:

metatrader and Excel

Is it possible for an event in Excel to trigger a buy or sell using MetaTrader?

I have Excel performing my calculations, and I want a buy to take place if the value of one particular cell is greater than 10. Is this possible to do with MetaTrader?

Thanks,

Paco

I don't know how to do it, but yes it's possible.

I've seen many other software that can do this.

for example, the news trader software that can automatically place your buy/sell order to MT4 platform.

Hope anyone have any idea?

thanks,

jfx88

convert metatrader data to prn source

earlier in the thread I believe ND said his traderxl did not work, mine does,

if I am allowed to post it I will the serial number is included

Files:
mt4data.mq4  2 kb
traderxl.jpg  219 kb

Ok heres my take on excel risk calc and currency info

theres 3 pages to this, 1st page currency info, nothing to new here but a different visual and take on things, been done before, 2nd page i'm excited about...risk calc, I think me and my partner did a hell of a job on this, lol. 3rd page something I saw before and liked, Please look it over and give me your thoughts. Sorry only 6 currencys but those are the 6 I trade

Excel to MT4

pls does anybody knows how to convert OHLC(open,low,high and close) from excel spreadsheet to draw candlesticks on metatrader4 ,tnx

Could anybody help me, I want to be able to import the daily open into excel and not have to do it manualy everyday

importing daily open

I tried =MT4|OPEN!EURUSD but with no luck, is that right or how might i be able to import the daily open

write historical indicator values to a csv?

I am plotting objects at various times on a chart and would like to know how to get various indicator values for the points in time where the objects are plotted. Similar to the data window feature in MT4.

Example - if I create an arrow object on a chart as follows:

ObjectCreate("buy_arrow", OBJ_ARROW, 0, D'2008.06.30 3:30', 1.5785)

How can I get rsi value for the exact point where that object lives on the chart?

Thanks,

Ken

Reason: