CyberiaTrader Open Source - page 3

BrazilianTrader:
"Great EA in backtest" doesn't have a focus; it is lost in thousands of other comments and other considerations that doesn't regard to CT... to begin with the thread's name, it isn't a title what could set an objective discussion to the posts, yet is an exclamation...

Phoenix_4 is also a "Great EA in backtest"; it isn't wrong to bring up a lot of other EAs on this thread, because it is appearantly a thread for anyone to show a "Great EA in backtest", not only CyberiaTrader...

I meant to stablish a new thread for us to actually talk about CT's results on backtesting, demo and real account...

that's fine, of course you are free to do as you wish and hope what you hope for this thread. Allow me to point out however that the other thread contains a plethera of results about CT on backtesting, demo and real account. It does require some focus on the reader's part to see them but they are there for anyone who wants them... along with alot of brainstorming on my part and insight of others to devise ways to improve the EA's performance. Focus itself is indeed an interesting thing. Whatever we focus on increases in our own view. I choose to focus on what IS in the thread.

Aaragorn:
that's fine, of course you are free to do as you wish and hope what you hope for this thread. Allow me to point out however that the other thread contains a plethera of results about CT on backtesting, demo and real account. It does require some focus on the reader's part to see them but they are there for anyone who wants them... along with alot of brainstorming on my part and insight of others to devise ways to improve the EA's performance. Focus itself is indeed an interesting thing. Whatever we focus on increases in our own view. I choose to focus on what IS in the thread.

Indeed, you guys are doing a great job on "great EA in backtest" by the way, however, under an specific thread name perhaps we could find more pple willing to discuss and elaborate it more;

the entire forum is open and the focus depend on the reader, indeed. I just tried to make it easier for any member to increase their focus on CT with this thread...

anyways...

I like the idea of backtesting to find settings, not necessarily to project profits. As soon as the market changes, you need new settings.

I asked why there wasn't more forward testing, no response so far. I'm am hopeful this thread will start some great forward testing.

Where can I get historical data ?

BrazilianTrader:
Lets have serious comments over CyberiaTrader (CT), without losing the focus on the thread's scope.

I would begin with a question:

With which version of Cyberia Trader you get your best results with 90% of modeling quality?

Please post: Your comment, detailed report, EA and settings;

lets talk about CT in a real thread!

The link I have to Alpari historical data is not longer valid... (The data for the 90% modeling quality)

The link I have is: http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php.htm - But it tells that the page is not found ...

yaniv_av:
The link I have to Alpari historical data is not longer valid... (The data for the 90% modeling quality) The link I have is: http://www.alpari-idc.com/en/dc/databank.php.htm - But it tells that the page is not found ...

here are the links to improve the modeling quality:

Data: http://www.alpari-idc.ru/en/dc/databank.php

How to: http://www.metatrader.info/node/67

Notice that this data is only from Alpari and has different variation values than the online data provided by other brokers, such as NF, IBFX or FXDD.

daraknor:
I like the idea of backtesting to find settings, not necessarily to project profits. As soon as the market changes, you need new settings. I asked why there wasn't more forward testing, no response so far. I'm am hopeful this thread will start some great forward testing.

My forward test (demo account) at alpari is now $536 and is on for about 5 days...

I tested the setting I am using on my demo account month by month, since june 2004, to see how the EA would answer to the market adversity... it went pretty well: the biggest loss in a month was $100, with a deposit of $500 which means an absolute drawdown of 20%.

daraknor:
I like the idea of backtesting to find settings, not necessarily to project profits. As soon as the market changes, you need new settings. I asked why there wasn't more forward testing, no response so far. I'm am hopeful this thread will start some great forward testing.

Honestly there is alot of forward testing on the other thread too, but if this thread is where people want to proceed I don't really care, for me it just means that now I have to follow two threads instead of one. It would be easier to have it all in one but I don't say what works best for others. Two threads, so be it. Actually I would be concerned that it might have the opposite of the desired effect splitting focus for readers to two threads.

I am strggling with understanding how to code a filewrite expression that does a data dump out of CT to a .csv file so I can analyze it's patterns. I don't know enough programming to know how to manage the pointers to not overwrite the previous trades' data. Therefore when I get done there is only one trade's worth of data in the .csv file.

I would really appreciate some programmer who knows how to do this showing me how to do it.

http://docs.mql4.com/files/FileWrite

example does CSV by default.

BrazilianTrader:
My forward test (demo account) at alpari is now $536 and is on for about 5 days... I tested the setting I am using on my demo account month by month, since june 2004, to see how the EA would answer to the market adversity... it went pretty well: the biggest loss in a month was $100, with a deposit of $500 which means an absolute drawdown of 20%.

Hi BrazilianTrader,

my first week of Cyberia forward test was not so good , I tested on EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY all on H1 with these settings :

// ---- Global variables

extern bool ExitMarket = false;

extern bool ShowSuitablePeriod = false;

extern bool ShowMarketInfo = false;

extern bool ShowAccountStatus = false;

extern bool ShowStat = false;

extern bool ShowDecision = false;

extern bool ShowDirection = false;

extern bool BlockSell = false;

extern bool BlockBuy = false;

extern bool ShowLots = false;

extern bool BlockStopLoss = false;

extern bool DisableShadowStopLoss = true;

extern bool DisableExitSell = false;

extern bool DisableExitBuy = false;

extern bool EnableMACD = false;

extern bool EnableMA = false;

extern bool EnableFractals = false;

extern bool EnableCCI = false;

extern bool EnableCyberiaLogic = true;

extern bool EnableLogicTrading = true;

extern bool EnableADX = false;

extern bool EnablePivot = false; // Use Pivot_day as filter

extern bool BlockPipsator = true;

extern bool EnableMoneyTrain = false;

extern bool EnableReverseDetector = true;

extern double ReverseIndex = 3.82;

extern double MoneyTrainLevel = 4;

extern int MACDLevel = 10;

extern bool AutoLots = True;

extern double MAXLots = 10; // Max lots size on AutoLots--added by project1972

extern bool AutoDirection = True;

extern double ValuesPeriodCount = 7;

extern double ValuesPeriodCountMax = 7;

extern double SlipPage = 1; // Slippage of the rate

extern double Lots = 0.1; // Quantity of the lots

extern double StopLoss = 0;

extern double TakeProfit = 0;

extern double SymbolsCount = 2;

extern double Risk = 2.0;

extern double StopLossIndex = 2.5;

extern bool AutoStopLossIndex = true;

extern double StaticStopLoss = 15;

extern double StopLevel;

extern bool EnableTrailingStop = false; // Enable Dynamic Trailing Stop

extern double TrailingStopFactor = 1.0;

extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled=""; // Example "00,01,02,03,04,05" GMT Alpari=10

extern int GMT=3; // For North Finance GMT = 3, IBFX GMT = -1 etc.

extern int MagicNumber=123000; // Magic Number -- change for every pair traded

I only changed Lot management routine and use a normal one that opens Lot based on equity , starting with lower lot (0.1). EA lose so far -158 pips.

Could you share your settings and pairs that are you using in your forward test ?

thx

skyline:
Hi BrazilianTrader,

my first week of Cyberia forward test was not so good , I tested on EURUSD,GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY all on H1 with these settings :

// ---- Global variables

extern bool ExitMarket = false;

extern bool ShowSuitablePeriod = false;

extern bool ShowMarketInfo = false;

extern bool ShowAccountStatus = false;

extern bool ShowStat = false;

extern bool ShowDecision = false;

extern bool ShowDirection = false;

extern bool BlockSell = false;

extern bool BlockBuy = false;

extern bool ShowLots = false;

extern bool BlockStopLoss = false;

extern bool DisableShadowStopLoss = true;

extern bool DisableExitSell = false;

extern bool DisableExitBuy = false;

extern bool EnableMACD = false;

extern bool EnableMA = false;

extern bool EnableFractals = false;

extern bool EnableCCI = false;

extern bool EnableCyberiaLogic = true;

extern bool EnableLogicTrading = true;

extern bool EnableADX = false;

extern bool EnablePivot = false; // Use Pivot_day as filter

extern bool BlockPipsator = true;

extern bool EnableMoneyTrain = false;

extern bool EnableReverseDetector = true;

extern double ReverseIndex = 3.82;

extern double MoneyTrainLevel = 4;

extern int MACDLevel = 10;

extern bool AutoLots = True;

extern double MAXLots = 10; // Max lots size on AutoLots--added by project1972

extern bool AutoDirection = True;

extern double ValuesPeriodCount = 7;

extern double ValuesPeriodCountMax = 7;

extern double SlipPage = 1; // Slippage of the rate

extern double Lots = 0.1; // Quantity of the lots

extern double StopLoss = 0;

extern double TakeProfit = 0;

extern double SymbolsCount = 2;

extern double Risk = 2.0;

extern double StopLossIndex = 2.5;

extern bool AutoStopLossIndex = true;

extern double StaticStopLoss = 15;

extern double StopLevel;

extern bool EnableTrailingStop = false; // Enable Dynamic Trailing Stop

extern double TrailingStopFactor = 1.0;

extern string TimeTradeHoursDisabled=""; // Example "00,01,02,03,04,05" GMT Alpari=10

extern int GMT=3; // For North Finance GMT = 3, IBFX GMT = -1 etc.

extern int MagicNumber=123000; // Magic Number -- change for every pair traded

I only changed Lot management routine and use a normal one that opens Lot based on equity , starting with lower lot (0.1). EA lose so far -158 pips.

Could you share your settings and pairs that are you using in your forward test ?

thx

The pair I am using this EA is EUR.USD; the other pairs in backtest didn't seem very good for this EA;

The results for this week was +$76;

Just URAR the attachment to any folder you want, but be sure to load the UNRARED file (.set) when setting the parameters for your EA;

Another thing: it is not very good to change anything in this EA program, like altering the lots managment, unless you REALLY know what you are doing...

CyberiaTrader has a really confusing logics...

Reason: