CyberiaTrader Open Source - page 2

FXcleaner:
Wooh, nice start - nice finish 41277% up. Perfect result

Yeah, but it is just a backtest though... of two whole years...

of course that the real account results won't be like it, but even so, getting $50,000.00 from $500.00 in two years sound really interesting...

BrazilianTrader:
Yeah, but it is just a backtest though... of two whole years... of course that the real account results won't be like it, but even so, getting $50,000.00 from $500.00 in two years sound really interesting...

What you guys be doing here is called dreaming. You ever tried being realistic? Yeah, its not much fun, but well it will at least bring you closer to real life

Regards,

Diam0nd.

Aaragorn:
What gives? why don't you post all this on the standing thread on the CT that is already going? I don't really think a second thread on it will serve much purpose. There is room for all the focus on CT that you want on the 'great EA in backtest' thread.

"Great EA in backtest" doesn't have a focus; it is lost in thousands of other comments and other considerations that doesn't regard to CT... to begin with the thread's name, it isn't a title what could set an objective discussion to the posts, yet is an exclamation...

Phoenix_4 is also a "Great EA in backtest"; it isn't wrong to bring up a lot of other EAs on this thread, because it is appearantly a thread for anyone to show a "Great EA in backtest", not only CyberiaTrader...

I meant to stablish a new thread for us to actually talk about CT's results on backtesting, demo and real account...

Diam0nd:

What you guys be doing here is called dreaming. You ever tried being realistic? Yeah, its not much fun, but well it will at least bring you closer to real life

Regards,

Diam0nd.

Oh indeed, we do try to be realistic everytime.

EAs aren't magical formulas to richness... we all know that... some learn it painfully...

Lets not forget that we are here to make EAs work the best as they can do...

And what is wrong of dreaming when you do not blind yourself like some do, assuming high profit isn't possible in any way?

Just said that to another guy yesterday:

"Perhaps, and that is what seems to be the most probable, you have no experience at all with any EA on the "classical 3 steps", and are afraid of making up your hopes with a "magical formula to richness" and get disappointed; so what is easier? to block our mind and say this EA doesn't work at all, of course.

How pathetic.

Some are here to lose, one would say. But they are here to learn and improve, definitely.

We (...) prefer to test, lose, improve, change, over and over, reset our point of views and believe on solid or flexible strategies, what definitely include "accepting changes".

This EA could seem not to work on a real account, but we are here to make it does it.

Indeed we need and are realistic, but it helps more when we dream as well.

Diam0nd:
I'm not sure if you noticed, but MOST (fine, if not most, but A LOT) of EAs perform either great or at least good in a tester. JFYI. I'm gon be silent now. Please continue .

indeed, so what?

BrazilianTrader:
Oh indeed, we do try to be realistic everytime.

EAs aren't magical formulas to richness... we all know that... some learn it painfully...

Lets not forget that we are here to make EAs work the best as they can do...

And what is wrong of dreaming when you do not blind yourself like some do, assuming high profit isn't possible in any way?

Just said that to another guy yesterday:

"Perhaps, and that is what seems to be the most probable, you have no experience at all with any EA on the "classical 3 steps", and are afraid of making up your hopes with a "magical formula to richness" and get disappointed; so what is easier? to block our mind and say this EA doesn't work at all, of course.

How pathetic.

Some are here to lose, one would say. But they are here to learn and improve, definitely.

We (...) prefer to test, lose, improve, change, over and over, reset our point of views and believe on solid or flexible strategies, what definitely include "accepting changes".

This EA could seem not to work on a real account, but we are here to make it does it.

Indeed we need and are realistic, but it helps more when we dream as well.

Jezus Christ... Please, spare the rhetoric.

BrazilianTrader:
"Great EA in backtest" doesn't have a focus; it is lost in thousands of other comments and other considerations that doesn't regard to CT... to begin with the thread's name, it isn't a title what could set an objective discussion to the posts, yet is an exclamation...

Phoenix_4 is also a "Great EA in backtest"; it isn't wrong to bring up a lot of other EAs on this thread, because it is appearantly a thread for anyone to show a "Great EA in backtest", not only CyberiaTrader...

I meant to stablish a new thread for us to actually talk about CT's results on backtesting, demo and real account...

I'm not sure if you noticed, but MOST (fine, if not most, but A LOT) of EAs perform either great or at least good in a tester. JFYI.

I'm gon be silent now. Please continue .

BrazilianTrader:
indeed, so what?

1. So NOTHING. You totally missed my point.

2. If you understood my first reply in this thread, you'd understand that I only commented on you not being too realistic. Dreaming is just fine, no question here. So there is no real need to go into rhetoric, since I wan't trying to say you are wrong, or anything you do is wrong, or anything like this. So please, relax and continue whatever you were doing. Jeez...

Diam0nd:
1. So NOTHING. You totally missed my point. 2. If you understood my first reply in this thread, you'd understand that I only commented on you not being too realistic. Dreaming is just fine, no question here. So there is no real need to go into rhetoric, since I wan't trying to say you are wrong, or anything you do is wrong, or anything like this. So please, relax and continue whatever you were doing. Jeez...

Thank you for the contribution to the thread. Your comments were really useful.

Hi BrazilianTrader,

backtest seems really good for CyberiaTrader EA, did you ever started a forward demo test to see if result could be so good ?

I started a new one yesterday and will be live 24/7, but i changed lot management routine and using one more conservative.

Well let's see how it will perform in next months

cya

Skyline

skyline:
Hi BrazilianTrader,

backtest seems really good for CyberiaTrader EA, did you ever started a forward demo test to see if result could be so good ?

I started a new one yesterday and will be live 24/7, but i changed lot management routine and using one more conservative.

Well let's see how it will perform in next months

cya

Skyline

I made a demo account on Alpari, that is running since last Sunday 05/nov/2006 (I am in Brazil);

The initial deposit was $500 and now the balance is $522;

So far: 3 trades: -18$; +22$; +18$.

My idea is to keep that forward test for at least a month.

Reason: