XP Moving Average! - page 34

I have just come across the XPMA and after messing around with it (them) for awhile, I have only a 6 Simple and a 34 Simple on my chart and have removed all other indicators.

I have not put pen to paper as far as backtesting goes, but it looks very evident that there are plenty of pips to be had by entering when both MA's turn the same color and/or minding the respective MA's across multiple time frames. Simple. Simple. Simple.

Now I gotta see about catching those sleepy-time and work-time pips. Would anyone be willing to construct an EA around this?

Thank you all,

Randy

Randy,

Do you mean that you have changed the value on the XPMA to 6, and then added another XPMA and made it 34? And then your entry is when they both turn the same color?

Is that correct?

RandyG67:
I have just come across the XPMA and after messing around with it (them) for awhile, I have only a 6 Simple and a 34 Simple on my chart and have removed all other indicators.

I have not put pen to paper as far as backtesting goes, but it looks very evident that there are plenty of pips to be had by entering when both MA's turn the same color and/or minding the respective MA's across multiple time frames. Simple. Simple. Simple.

Now I gotta see about catching those sleepy-time and work-time pips. Would anyone be willing to construct an EA around this?

Thank you all,

Randy

Yes.

Up to now I have been experimenting with a system using different combos of RVI/Stochastics/CCI/ADX. Upon coming across the xpma I realized that identified the same signals (mostly entry...still working with exit) as all those other indicators.

The default is the 6 period T3 I believe, which I changed to a Simple. I then added the 34 Simple to identify a broader trend. After awhile it seemed obvious that I didn't need all those other indicators though I may end up including something to help with exits. The RVI cross was/is looking good.

I'm also currently making my through the MQL4 Tutorial which I began all of 2 hours ago! If anyone decides to take up the cause to develop an EA for me/us, I would sure like to be included with the development as I progress through the tutorial.

Randy

P.S.- I hope it still matters though its been said so often but I very much appreciate the efforts of CG and everyone else who is taking the time to help so many

RandyG67:
Yes.

Up to now I have been experimenting with a system using different combos of RVI/Stochastics/CCI/ADX. Upon coming across the xpma I realized that identified the same signals (mostly entry...still working with exit) as all those other indicators.

The default is the 6 period T3 I believe, which I changed to a Simple. I then added the 34 Simple to identify a broader trend. After awhile it seemed obvious that I didn't need all those other indicators though I may end up including something to help with exits. The RVI cross was/is looking good.

I'm also currently making my through the MQL4 Tutorial which I began all of 2 hours ago! If anyone decides to take up the cause to develop an EA for me/us, I would sure like to be included with the development as I progress through the tutorial.

Randy

P.S.- I hope it still matters though its been said so often but I very much appreciate the efforts of CG and everyone else who is taking the time to help so many

Thanks for the explanation; I am definitely interested in an EA for this as well, and hopefully someone will help with this.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176094

That should do what you want.

C.E.O.:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176094 That should do what you want.

Wow, I'm certain that will do it. Nice work!

It would be nice if someone could post the exact settings they would use on this, and I would be glad to test it; I just can't figure out what settings to use.

Xpma Indicator

Hi CodersGuru,

When a second moving average is plotted on the chart, the arrows of the first moving average disappear and are replaced with the new moving average arrows. Is it possible to modify the indicator to keep all arrows on the chart.

Thanx

Now that is a brilliant suggestion and I think a very important one if possible?

bubble:
Question for Codersguru,

i ve been looking at your indicator using SATL as the ma type and it places an arrow for buy and sell when the indicator is showing the same value as the previous value.

Any idea why that is

bubble

May I ask what are you looking for with SATL ?

Arrows show us the start of new colors except yellow. Yellow means the difference between current value and previous value are within dMA

dMA = average of last Step_Period value (default are last 4 values)

CiTiFx:
Hi CodersGuru,

When a second moving average is plotted on the chart, the arrows of the first moving average disappear and are replaced with the new moving average arrows. Is it possible to modify the indicator to keep all arrows on the chart.

Thanx

I hope codersguru don't mind, I really like his work.

let me know if it doesn't work.

Files:
xpma_v2.mq4  17 kb
Reason: