Tick chart with moving averages

pdxfoodie:
Is it even possible to have a tick chart with moving averages replacing the 1 min chart?
You have to create it yourself. Tick chart in code base https://www.mql5.com/en/code/89
Ticks
Ticks
  • votes: 14
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Example of a tick chart.

phi.nuts:
You have to create it yourself. Tick chart in code base https://www.mql5.com/en/code/89
Thanks

Does anyone know how to use an offline chart indicator result onto another offline chart ?

tradability:

Does anyone know how to use an offline chart indicator result onto another offline chart ?

Would you please not to hijack someone else topic posting question that is not related to the topic, create your own topic.

There's no offline chart in MT5, so you must be talking about MT4 - so please, ask that in mql4.com.

MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum

phi.nuts:

Would you please not to hijack someone else topic posting question that is not related to the topic, create your own topic.

There's no offline chart in MT5, so you must be talking about MT4 - so please, ask that in mql4.com.

phi.nuts:

Tick charts are very similar to offline charts hence what I asked is relevant I thought, hence why I posted it here. Sorry if I made a topic comment error. As always you are very helpful

tradability:

Tick charts are very similar to offline charts hence what I asked is relevant I thought, hence why I posted it here. Sorry if I made a topic comment error. As always you are very helpful

Nope, there's no similarity between them. Tick chart is moving because its values is shifted in CI buffers just to accept new data, while offline chart is moving because new data is written at the end of .hst files. 

phi.nuts:
Nope, there's no similarity between them. Tick chart is moving because its values is shifted in CI buffers just to accept new data, while offline chart is moving because new data is written at the end of .hst files. 

Hi pdxfoodie, I wrote a couple of TickChart indicators quite a while ago, but they are mq4 stuff. I am pretty sure you can find someone to assist in converting them to mq5 though. I hope this is ok with admin, if not please let me know. I would do so myself, only problem is that right now mq5 is still very confusing to me, being a noob as I am with it.

You can find them and some others I wrote here:- http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=234733&page=8

Check Post 111. The bottom right chart on that picture is the TickMonster, which is also attached to that post. If you look through that thread, you will find quite a few indicators of mine. There are other versions of the TickMonster somewhere in there, either my thread, MacD Magic Monster, or another persons thread , The Dance.

I hope you find this useful.

Attached is (if I remember correctly) the 'right' one, the ones before this did not show any slow Ma's until enough ticks were accumulated. This one puts the slow Ma's as followers of the fastest ma, just so you can see they are coming. Realise 2 things, the chart timeframe that you place the Tickmonster on should be at least H1. If you use the M1, then sometimes the new Bars 'nudge' the tickbars which run independantly to the main chart. The second thing is that if you open the properties to change ma periods or whatever, or if you change timeframes or symbol, then the TickMonster starts from a fresh new EMPTY chart.

It does not record or store the data in any long term way. You can scroll back to see it's history which is stored in the main charts buffer arrays, but if you scroll back too far and the main chart downloads new history, it messes up your tick chart.

TickMonsterArrows is SMA, the second is EMA (I can't recall if this is the correct EMA one and can't test right now because market is closed and TicksMonster only operates with ticks.

BlueMental.

Reason: