XP Moving Average! - page 39

coder s guru

HI coder- guru.

been @ this for 3 years and finally can do --just about anything in coding....thanks for all your teaching and showing us how to code.!

XPMA BackTesting

Scout,

I am also backtesting XPMA EA. Could you forward me your revised edition or post it on this forum. Thanks,

Trader 1

scout:
I think coder's guru has done so wonderful job.XPma EA is a very good trend trading EA. I wonder why there isn't any backtesting results about this excellent EA here. I'm foward testing this EA, and I post my backtesting result here. Like every trend trading system, XPma EA will make good profit when market is going up or down straight, but looks bad when market doesn't seem to be with a obvious trend. But i think we can control the loss.

I change some code of this EA to keep lots=1 for testing. The original version makes much more profit than the results I give here.

The result is of 2006. This EA also makes excellent profit in 2001-2005 backtesting.

Parameters are :Lots=1; TakeProfit=1000; TrailingStop=10; StopLoss=9; Slippage=5; MaximumRisk=0.1; MA_Period=7; MA_Type=3; MA_Applied=0; T3MA_VolumeFactor=0.8; JMA_Phase=0; Step_Period=2;

Hope it helps, thank you all. Thank you again, coder's guru!

xpMA NEEDED

I need a version of xpMA indicator which repaints itself on chart with every bar tick.

omelette:
scout, gotta agree with fx_geezer, the settings you posted result in no trade being opened. Furthermore, the 2 variables 'T3MA_VolumeFactor' and 'MaximiumRisk' (I can only find 'Risk' in the code) you have specified floating point values whereas they are actually integer values in the EA...

hi, sorry for so long not logging in, busy at work,hehe. i think the reason is we are using different version of xpMaEA. i post which version i am using here, hope it helps.

Note: i change some code to keep lots=1 for testing, disable the risk control function. And in this version, there is no JMA indicator.

Hope Coder's guru to develop greater EAs!

Files:

Hi Scout,

Thanks for this. Unfortunately the results I get are completely opposite to yours. I have used exactly the same settings.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

FXG.

Could someone turn this into an EA?

Hi all. If someone is interested and have som free time could you attempt to code an EA for this strategy?

This is not my strategy, this is my modified version on how I trade it. You can find the original strategy here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=1#post1699435

Anyway, this is how i trade it:

On a 15 min chart, setup a RSI(14) with a 50 level.

Add the XPMA indicator (attached).

Trading rules:

When you get an alarm from the XPMA in the shape of an arrow, check the RSI.

If its above 50 and xpma up we are looking to buy. And the reverse for sell.

Im also trying to decide if the entry should be only if the current candle is bullish for buy and bearish for sell. Dont know how this will affect

losses/profits so it might be nice if there could be such a parameter so set to true or false.

Profit targets and stops:

Inspired by Iandekokers 5pips journal, I have set a lower but higher probability pips target. I set my profi target at 10+spread.

The stoploss, and i guess somone will react to the risk reward ratio here, will be set to 20+spread.

This particular set of rules i have traded since nov 7th, with 19 wins and only 2 losses. Unfortunately i miss alot of trades as i dont have time to watch the screen all day, so an EA would be great.

Anyway, i will attach the XPMA indicator and also the template i use at the moment.

Happy trading.

Files:
acko15.tpl  48 kb
xpma_3.mq4  11 kb

Hi, just noticed that my post had been moved to this thread and that an EA for xpma exist already. Would it be possible to add an RSI filter to the xpMaEA_fixed_lots EA?

Modifying xpMAEA

Hi Folks !

xpMA is a fantastic indicator !!

I'm testing it on demo account and it works quite well...

Could anybody change the existing EA in that way, that a buy

order will be closed when the down arrow appears and vice versa ?

At the moment we have TP, SL and trailing stop.

Thanks in advance and happy trading !

Bernhard

Hi everybody,

the EA is giving me a "zero divide" message at every tick in the expert tab, everytime he's calling the xpMA indicator.

Any idea?

sorry for stupid question

it is that indicator so only indicate something or is working automatic by made buy and sell orders?

one more st q is where found original file for those xp advisor

and last one is how to open "acko"file or how to implement in xpma

thanks

Ronyn:
Hi all. If someone is interested and have som free time could you attempt to code an EA for this strategy?

This is not my strategy, this is my modified version on how I trade it. You can find the original strategy here: http://www.forexfactory.com/showthre...=1#post1699435

Anyway, this is how i trade it:

On a 15 min chart, setup a RSI(14) with a 50 level.

Add the XPMA indicator (attached).

Trading rules:

When you get an alarm from the XPMA in the shape of an arrow, check the RSI.

If its above 50 and xpma up we are looking to buy. And the reverse for sell.

Im also trying to decide if the entry should be only if the current candle is bullish for buy and bearish for sell. Dont know how this will affect

losses/profits so it might be nice if there could be such a parameter so set to true or false.

Profit targets and stops:

Inspired by Iandekokers 5pips journal, I have set a lower but higher probability pips target. I set my profi target at 10+spread.

The stoploss, and i guess somone will react to the risk reward ratio here, will be set to 20+spread.

This particular set of rules i have traded since nov 7th, with 19 wins and only 2 losses. Unfortunately i miss alot of trades as i dont have time to watch the screen all day, so an EA would be great.

Anyway, i will attach the XPMA indicator and also the template i use at the moment.

Happy trading.
Reason: