Heikin Ashi (better formula) - page 6

Thanks alot, SSL -- I like your settings better on the 15M.

rsi in heiken ashi

hi,everyone ,I found a formula for "rsi in heiken ashi" ,can anyone make an .mq4 or.ex file and share it here? I would appreciate it a lot,thanks

_SECTION_BEGIN("RSI in Heiken Ashi");

periods = Param( "Periods", 15, 1, 200, 1 );

HaClose = (RSIa(Open, periods)+RSIa(High, periods)+RSIa(Low,periods)+RSIa(Close,periods))/4;

HaOpen = AMA( Ref( HaClose, -1 ), 0.5 );

HaHigh = Max( RSIa(High, periods), Max( HaClose, HaOpen ) );

HaLow = Min( RSIa(Low,periods), Min( HaClose, HaOpen ) );

PlotOHLC( HaOpen, HaHigh, HaLow, HaClose, _DEFAULT_NAME(), colorBlack, styleCandle );

Plot(70,"",colorRed,styleLine);

Plot(30,"",colorGreen,styleLine);

_SECTION_END();

I just want the up & down arrows...

Hi -

I really like this indicator (Heiken_Ashi_MA_T3_new_Alert.mq4), the one listed on page-5 of this thread (especially for its the up and down signal arrows)

Can someone modify the code so that it will ONLY show the up and down arrows on the chart and NOT the heiken ashi candles on top of the real price candles? In other words, I want the real/actual candles (not heiken ashi candles) but with the up and down arrows from the indicator above.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Removal of Heikin Ashi bars

There is no need to change the indicator; you can do it yourself.

This can easily be accomplished by changing the color of the bars to "none". On the indicator color/width change (Colors Tab), click on a color and the Color selector will appear, instead of clicking on a color, click on the None bar at the top. When you are finished, you will see 255,255,255 as the color and the HA candles will disappear.

Tzuman

Tzuman:
There is no need to change the indicator; you can do it yourself.

This can easily be accomplished by changing the color of the bars to "none". On the indicator color/width change (Colors Tab), click on a color and the Color selector will appear, instead of clicking on a color, click on the None bar at the top. When you are finished, you will see 255,255,255 as the color and the HA candles will disappear.

Tzuman

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that before I posted my request. The bodies of the HA candles disappeared, but so did the part of the actual/real candles that those HA bodies used to overlap. In addition, the HA upper/lower wicks are still showing up.

Try it for yourself, and you'll see what I mean.

So I still need someone to change the code.

Tried it and you are right. The body size needs to be set to 1, not 2 in conjunction with the "None" Chart on Foreground on Properties page f8 may also help. When I changed the line size, the body lines disappeared. Probably a

minor bug.

:):)

Don't say the "b" word since, according to some metaquotes people, the users do not know what are they (the users, we) talking about. So much about two way communication

An update ...

Regardless that the solution for hiding candles is found, posting this updated indicator. It is simplified in code and it is adapted to accept fraction pip values to for filtering (the "Step" was integer value so you could not use fractional pip values, for example. It is changed now) and of course, it has an option to hide/show candles (so one does not need to know all the mid-step to avoid what has been described above, here is an example of an "just arrows" version with a 0.5 pip filter set on HA :

Files:

Mladen,

You are right, I guess it is an "unplanned capability"

I like your new version

Tzuman:
Tried it and you are right. The body size needs to be set to 1, not 2 in conjunction with the "None" Chart on Foreground on Properties page f8 may also help. When I changed the line size, the body lines disappeared. Probably a minor bug.

This solution works!!! Thanks!!!

Mike

Reason: