Heikin Ashi (better formula) - page 10

shay14:
Hi Shay14, You will get a heiken ashi candle with an open bar on just about any heiken ashi smoothed indicator but the color is subject to change once the bar has closed.

I used a similar indicator which changed at the start of a candle, then downloaded another one with the default settings which only appeared at the close of candle so I entered a bit late on some trades. Market is closed now so can;t see how it reacts, looks promising, thanks for your reponse

mrtools:
I used a similar indicator which changed at the start of a candle, then downloaded another one with the default settings which only appeared at the close of candle so I entered a bit late on some trades. Market is closed now so can;t see how it reacts, looks promising, thanks for your reponse

shay14

Since heiken ashi uses all the prices, it can not be limited to change only when a new bar is formed (otherwise it would be a classical case of repainting). Having 3 out of 4 prices that can change, the current bar of heiken ashi must change too

shay14:

shay14

Since heiken ashi uses all the prices, it can not be limited to change only when a new bar is formed (otherwise it would be a classical case of repainting). Having 3 out of 4 prices that can change, the current bar of heiken ashi must change too

I'm a bit of a newbie so apologies for the obvious questions.

What i am understanding is as soon as a new candle opens, HA appears but can change colors during the development of the candle?

or it just appears when the candle has closed?

mladen:

What i am understanding is as soon as a new candle opens, HA T3 appears but can change colors during the development of the candle?

Can anyone confirm or explain this

mladen:

What i am understanding is as soon as a new candle opens, HA appears but can change colors during the development of the candle?

Shay the ha appears as soon as a new candle opens but can change colors during the development of the candle.

Hi mrtools.

Can you please have a look at Heiken_Ashi MA T3 new v2? I like this version more then others. I took a look at the code inside and it seams that some alerts (mail, sound) system was intended when closing last bar with another color. I just cant get it work tho. Can you help?

Shay14: Yes, it can develop and change colors. Heikin Ashi OPEN is allways in the middle of the previous Heikin Ashi candle, but other candles use most actual values so can change colors (including Heikin Ashi CLOSE - have a look at this: http://www.technicalindicators.net/indicators-technical-analysis/96-heikin-ashi-candles). Hope this helps.

Re: Heikin Ashi (better formula)

shay14:

shay14

Mladen, When i apply the heikin ashi ma t3 2 to renko charts below 25% box shift, the bars do not full paint to the top or bottom, it stays in the middle. Is there a possible fix for this?

Files:

mladen:
Re: Heikin Ashi (better formula) Mladen, When i apply the heikin ashi ma t3 2 to renko charts below 25% box shift, the bars do not full paint to the top or bottom, it stays in the middle. Is there a possible fix for this?

tropicalrecon

What you are seeing there are 4 averages not just 1. And since they are calculating averages of their own, those averages will never be the same as the renko bars (otherwise that would not be heiken ashi that uses averages). So, there is no need for a fix since that is the way how it should work on any chart (including the renko)

tropicalrecon:

tropicalrecon

What you are seeing there are 4 averages not just 1. And since they are calculating averages of their own, those averages will never be the same as the renko bars (otherwise that would not be heiken ashi that uses averages). So, there is no need for a fix since that is the way how it should work on any chart (including the renko)

That makes a lot more sense now. Thank you.

Reason: