HedgeEA - page 48

wont the strategy be risker than its being hedged?

tat's my concern, since GBPJPY has ahd a very good run but historically can drop 1000 pips in a jot.

bodshyipmonitor:
Can we have some examples here?

BUY 0.8 Lots GBPUSD @ 1.9671

BUY 1.45 Lots USDCHF @ 1.2445

Current Price

GBPUSD @ 1.9629

USDCHF @ 1.2499

The Orders should be set according to the current price right?

GBPUSD Range is 140

USDCHF Range is 90

GBPUSD Sell Limit @ 1.9769

GBPUSD Buy Limit @ 1.9489

USDCHF Sell Limit @ 1.2589

USDCHF Buy Limit @ 1.2409

Once the Order has been executed, New limit orders are being calculated again.

I agree except the daily range of the GBPUSD is closer to 120 than 140.

I'm still evaluating this part of the strategy.

Stevensign:
I agree except the daily range of the GBPUSD is closer to 120 than 140. I'm still evaluating this part of the strategy.

Steven, as in for the strategy you mention in forexforums about entering the trade at 5 mins before 1700 and after 5 mins..

i am jsut wondering won't the spread get rid of the swap after opening the trades?

I can't understand why it wouldn't open in my micro account more than 0.04 0.07 even if I place 0.1 or 1 Lot?

bodshyipmonitor:
Steven, as in for the strategy you mention in forexforums about entering the trade at 5 mins before 1700 and after 5 mins.. i am jsut wondering won't the spread get rid of the swap after opening the trades?

By doing buys on USD based currencies just before 2200 GMT you gain interest and delaying your buys on non-USD based currencies until after 2200 GMT you don't pay interest THAT DAY. With a platform that gives high interest, that is significant. (As I write this I have heard that IBFX is the largest Metatrader platform, gives the highest interest, 400:1 for FreedomRocks members, and has a free cash grab advisor based on FR).

If you do a cash grab within 24 hours, you never pay interest. The small amount you save is not significant but every little bit helps. The first day's interest almost covered my spread.

On a different subject-

Geez, my girlfriend that has been steadily losing money doing regular trading for two years and losing all the while, now has made 10% manual trading in my live account in the past three days using this strategy without knowing anything about this strategy and it's almost stress free trading.

stevensign, can you elaborate on the "cash grab"? Am i right in saying that you propose closing the CHFJPY short position before 2200GMT if it's in positive pips, before interest calculated, then opening again after 2200?

StevenSign,

FXDD actually pays more interest on GBPJPY than IBFX.

TimeFreedom

Stevensign:
By doing buys on USD based currencies just before 2200 GMT you gain interest and delaying your buys on non-USD based currencies until after 2200 GMT you don't pay interest THAT DAY. With a platform that gives high interest, that is significant. (As I write this I have heard that IBFX is the largest Metatrader platform, gives the highest interest, 400:1 for FreedomRocks members, and has a free cash grab advisor based on FR).

If you do a cash grab within 24 hours, you never pay interest. The small amount you save is not significant but every little bit helps. The first day's interest almost covered my spread.

On a different subject-

Geez, my girlfriend that has been steadily losing money doing regular trading for two years and losing all the while, now has made 10% manual trading in my live account in the past three days using this strategy without knowing anything about this strategy and it's almost stress free trading.

TimeFreedom:
StevenSign,

FXDD actually pays more interest on GBPJPY than IBFX.

TimeFreedom

IMHO, I agree about the GBPJPY but since we're hedging you must look at the GBPUSD and USDJPY, IBFX has better rates. I've attached a spreadsheet, to look at daily interest. I got the rates from the "Symbol Properties" tab in the "Tester" window.

cgldsmth:
stevensign, can you elaborate on the "cash grab"? Am i right in saying that you propose closing the CHFJPY short position before 2200GMT if it's in positive pips, before interest calculated, then opening again after 2200?

Usually not but I guess that's something to consider if you're paying big interest and it's triple wednesday. 2200 is usually a better time to enter than exit, correlation is high around 2200.

Reason: