Market opening times

Hi all

I'm just wondering if someone is able to advise me the opening and closing times in GMT of the various markets :

London

Tokyo

New York

Thank you!

City : Open (GMT) - Close (GMT)

Tokyo : midnight - 9:00 am

London : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm

New York : 1:00 pm - 10:00pm

casey:
City : Open (GMT) - Close (GMT)Tokyo : midnight - 9:00 amLondon : 8:00 am - 5:00 pmNew York : 1:00 pm - 10:00pm

Hi,

I'm new here, I'm looking for info like this also.

Some people say that the best hours to trade is around 4am to 8am (New York), but you can get more information if you are using a software, because you can see hour by hour what is happening in the market. Try it.

felipeca25:
Some people say that the best hours to trade is around 4am to 8am (New York), but you can get more information if you are using a software, because you can see hour by hour what is happening in the market. Try it.

The European market becomes active between 2-3 am, EST and remains active until the US open which occurs around 8am EST. Due to the fact that the US markets often times affect the EUR markets, the EUR (EUR/USD) tends to trade most actively during these 8-trading hours. (3 AM EST-11 AM EST)

The EUR currency tends to trade most actively during either European or US banking hours. Due to the fact that the majority of the trading volume enters the market during these hours, most legitimate breakouts and breakdowns also subsequently occur during these banking hours

lakota:
Hi allI'm just wondering if someone is able to advise me the opening and closing times in GMT of the various markets :LondonTokyoNew York Thank you!

Hello lakota

Hope this helps.

Files:
chart1.gif  75 kb

If I see the EUR/USD trade to new highs or new lows during the off-peak hours, I look for signs this break in the range will not last.

Reason: